Sugar, spice and everything vice

Warning for a possibly large amount of inaccuracies as I'm no expert on corpses or murderers. This work is lightly [largely] based on multiple episodes of Rizzoli & Isles. 

Sugar, spice and everything vice

“Tomlinson, d’you want coffee?” a voice yells at him from the café on the ground floor of the Boston Police Department building.

“Of course, Mikey, you know I never say no to coffee. What do you have?” He enters the café and he smothers a laugh when he sees blue-haired Michael with an apron tied around his waist. He looks grumpier than ever, but Louis would probably look grumpy too if someone forced him to put on that god-awful apron.

“Not a fucking word”, he warns. “There’s vanilla latte and apparently we now have a pumpkin latte too? I don’t know, man.”

“Do you also have like normal coffee? Just black? I’ll throw in some sugar. Where’s Calum?”

“He took the day off, I don’t know. The normal coffee’s over there.” And Michael points at the table across the café. Louis spots a tall figure with messy, brown curls in designer jeans and those God-awful boots he refuses to throw out. “And Harry’s over there too.”

“Thanks Mikey.” Louis salutes him and walks over to Harry. “Morning Harry.”

“Good morning Louis. Are you finally going to try green tea this morning?”

“Green tea?” Louis scrunches up his face. “You’re not bloody serious.”

“It’s very healthy, it lowers your cholesterol levels and it is even said it reduces coronary artery disease. Did you know it was first grown in China but now it has become associated with many other Asian cultures?” Harry asks him, completely serious and sipping from his mug.

“Coronary what? Anyway, I love my caffeine in the morning, so no thank you.”

“Too much caffeine is very unhealthy, Louis. Have you been plagued by nervousness or restlessness lately? Or an increased heartbeat?”

“Yeah yeah, that’s enough, doctor Styles”, Louis says and he sips from his coffee.

Harry shrugs and takes another sip of his green tea. “Just telling you the facts.”

Louis rolls his eyes. “Come on, I’ve got some paperwork to do from the shooting incident last week and you’re much better with statistics.”

“So you mean I have some paperwork to do? Bye Mikey, thanks for the tea.”

Louis presses the button of the elevator. “Yeah. I could probably get Ashton to do it as well. He’d do anything to get promoted to homicide detective.” He snorts.

“Don’t be so mean to your half-brother. I think he’s a lovely person.”

“Yeah, but Harry, you’d say the same about a serial killer who donates you a pair of kidneys for research.” The elevator dings and they get in.

“Ashton is a nice guy”, Harry says defensively and the elevator dings again at the first floor, where the homicide offices are.

“Thanks Harry”, Ashton says and Louis pushes him and swats his arm.

“Oh yeah, that’s mature, Louis, very mature.”

“Whatever. What are you doing on this floor anyway? Isn’t there like a car accident somewhere in Boston?” Louis snickers. He remembers how much he hated being on traffic duty.

“Shut up”, and Ashton pushes him back.

“Hey, mind the coffee!”

“You two really need to grow up”, Hemmings says but he’s smiling. “Oh, Irwin, you’ve been temporarily promoted to homicide detective because Malik’s in hospital and we need to fill his place until he gets back.”