The Goblet of Fire [Harry Potter!AU]

The Goblet of Fire

“Ey, Styles! How were your summer holidays?” a very familiar voice exclaimed. Harry smiled widely at the sound of his best friend Louis Tomlinson yelling at him.

“Hey Lou, I missed you”, Harry said, wrapping his arms around the older boy and hugging him tightly.

“You’re a sod”, Louis teased. Harry sniffled and pretended to wipe a tear off his face.

“I’m hurt.”

“Aw, is little Harry offended?” Louis’ eyes were wide and blueblueblue and Harry could just drown in them. “But anyways, how were your summer holidays?”

Harry shrugged. “Alright. Bit boring without all the magic since Mum and Gem can’t do magic, but Ron invited me over for a few days so it was alright. The Weasleys are always very nice to me.” Something flashed in Louis’ eyes but it was gone the second he saw it. “How were yours?”

“Good. Lots is coming this year. I think she already found some friends on the train!”

Harry smiled. “That’s good. Though I do think McGonagall is not going to be happy with another Tomlinson at Hogwarts…”

Louis shrugged exaggeratedly. “Not my problem. Besides, Lots is not as bad as I am. Come on, let’s go inside! I want to see the Sorting Ceremony.” Louis grabbed Harry’s hand and pulled him along. Harry pretended he didn’t feel the sparks shooting up his spine when Louis’ hand made contact with his.

As soon as they had sat down at the Gryffindor table, the first years came in, following McGonagall and a bit star struck by the enchanted ceiling. Harry remembered walking in here at his first year as well. Louis was already a third year back then, but they still got along very well. Harry actually reckons he fell in love with the older boy somewhere on the way.

The Sorting Ceremony had started by now and Harry didn’t really pay attention.

“Tomlinson, Charlotte!”

Louis punched Harry in the arm. “Pay attention, that’s my little sister!”

“That was totally uncalled for”, Harry hissed, rubbing his now painful arm. Louis rolled his eyes and waved dismissively.

The Hat was quiet for a few minutes, before finally deciding on “Gryffindor!” The Gryffindors clapped and Lottie waved at her older brother, face happy and eyes shining.

“Now we’re all settled in and Sorted, I’d like to make an announcement.” As soon as Dumbledore’s voice was heard, the chattering in the Great Hall died out. “This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-”

Dumbledore was interrupted by Filch passing by and panting something in Dumbledore’s ear. Whispering sounded throughout the Great Hall as everyone was wondering what was so important Filch actually interrupted Dumbledore for it.  Dumbledore said something to Filch who sighed and took off again, limping through the Great Hall and back to the doors.

“So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event”, Dumbledore continued, peering at the students over his glasses. The Triwizard Tournament.” Harry saw the twins’ wicked grins and knew that whatever this tournament was, it was dangerous. The twins mostly liked dangerous things.

“For those who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear; if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later. Now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their Headmistress Madam Maxime.”