Not much has changed (but they live under water) [Merman!Louis]

Life in Atlantis was way better than Harry expected. Originally, he thought he'd never be able to live with a tail. But, thanks to Louis, it had all gotten easier. Everyone in Atlantis was so nice and friendly, it was almost unreal. The two of them had gotten some comments on how they were soul mates but so far, neither of them had made a move on the other. Which Harry was glad for, because he first needed some time to get used to his new life in Atlantis.

"Hey Haz, would you like to meet my family today?" Louis asks, barging into Harry's room without knocking (Harry likes referring to Louis' guest room as his own room). Harry's kind of used to it by now.

"Of course I'd like to! But why now? I thought you were afraid your mum would immediately arrange a marriage?" Harry says.

"She probably would", Louis agrees, "but I can't find myself to care anymore, really. And I want to introduce you to my sisters! They'd love to meet you and the two youngest, Daisy and Phoebe, have been bugging me about it for days now."

Louis hadn't taken Harry to meet his family right away. He thought it would be better to let Harry settle down for a while, let him get used to everything that comes with being a merman. Harry was thankful that Louis was so thoughtful because he didn't think he could've handled more first impressions the day his ship sank.

Also, they hadn't run into Niall and Zayn yet but Harry had figured Zayn was taking care of Niall like Louis was taking care of him. Louis hadn't left his side since they'd arrived in Atlantis but apparently, he had been in touch with his sisters through some kind of phone. Harry had no idea. There were still many things he had to learn about the merman world.

"So you think I'm ready? To go out into the big scary ocean?" Harry teases and Louis laughs.

"No big scary ocean for you, mister. You won't be going out of Atlantis without me."

"Who am I, Nemo?" Harry jokes and Louis frowns.

"Who's Nemo?" he asks.

"Never mind", Harry mumbles. He seems to be forgetting that they don't have electronics under water and that therefore, they don't know Nemo or any movie. They do have music, but it's not like human music. Harry doesn't quite know how to describe this music, but he likes it anyway (perhaps because Louis likes to hum along and Harry could listen to his voice for weeks without getting irritated).

Louis shrugs and takes his keys. "Shall we?"

"You mean right now?" Harry asks surprised.

Louis looks at him. "Of course! When I say today I actually mean right away. Thought you'd figured that out by now."

Harry laughs. "Not really", he says, "but it's fine. Does your Mum know we're coming?"

Louis shrugs again. "She'll let us in anyway. Come on, let's go." He pulls Harry up from the bed and they swim out the door, Louis locking it behind them.

"I'll take your keys before you lose them again", Harry laughs. A few days ago they went to get food because they were running out and Louis had dropped his keys in the supermarket: Harry had to pick them up behind him to ensure they would still be able to get into Louis' apartment). Louis sticks out his tongue but hands his keys to Harry anyway.

The first day in Atlantis, Harry was really baffled by how a merman's way of living was so very similar to a human's way of living. They have a supermarket, a hospital, pet shops (although the pets are different: instead of kitties and puppies they had sea horses and turtles as pets in Atlantis), houses made out of bricks and cement and many, many more things that were so like human stuff.