Mirror of Erised {One Direction/Harry Potter crossover}

One Direction/Harry Potter crossover, just a little idea that I thought of yesterday. It's a next generation fic, which means Harry (Styles) is the same age as the children of the original Harry Potter characters. Onward.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Harry had heard of the Mirror of Erised before. It was said, that in the time that Harry Potter, the great Harry Potter, was at Hogwarts, the Mirror was hidden somewhere deeply in the dungeons at Hogwarts. But, it was also said the Mirror was lost after Albus Dumbledore had died. And that was years ago. Harry was curious of what the Mirror would show him. He knew what his desires deep inside were, but maybe the human mind was still the greatest mystery to mankind.

Harry wanted to become a singer, he wanted to travel the world, he wanted to sing in front of hundreds of people, he wanted to achieve something in the world, he wanted to find someone he loved deeply and wanted to spend his life with, he wanted to learn how to brew many, many different potions, he wanted to make his Mum proud, he wanted to do something for the Muggle community.... Harry had lots of things he desired to do. But he didn't know what his deepest desire was.

Was it to find love? Was it to make someone happy?

Harry had no idea. He just wanted to see the Mirror.

"Not dreaming about that mirror again, are you Styles?", one of Harry's dorm mates, Fred Weasley II snorted.

Harry shook his head quickly and rubbed his eyes. "'M just tired."

"Oh come on, mate. You can't possibly be tired, there's a Quidditch match today! Besides, there are secret passageways to explore." Fred winked at him and Harry rolled his eyes. Professor Longbottom always said Fred was exactly like his Dad and uncle, always causing mayhem and Harry had no trouble believing him.

"Yeah, Haz. There's a Quidditch match and passageways to explore", Niall echoed Fred.

"Teaming up on me, seriously?", Harry grumbled.

"Come on, Hazza. It'll be fun!"

"That Quidditch match is in five hours. It's midnight!" After a look of Niall and Fred, he gave in, "Fine, but if we get caught by Payne, I will blame the two of you."

Fred rolled his eyes. "Whatever Styles, you're no fun." Harry got up and dressed in his Gryffindor robes, tucking his wand in his sleeve and following Fred and Niall, who were already in the common room.

It was early in the morning and most of the other students were still sleeping. The three boys snuck out of the common room, trying not to wake the Fat Lady. They succeeded and once at the stairs, Fred grabbed a map from under his cloak. "What's that?", Niall whispered.

"The Marauder's Map", Fred whispered proudly. "Dad and Uncle Fred nicked it from Filch's office once. They gave it to Potter though and he gave it to his son James. Know him? Tad annoying really, but he lend me the map because I said Dad and Uncle Fred gave it to his Dad when they were at school, if you're still following me."

Niall and Harry shared a look, not bothering to ask any further. Fred sighed irritated. "Don't you know anything?" The two other boys shared a look again and Fred rolled his eyes. "Never mind then. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!" He tapped the map with his wand and small lines of ink started spreading from the place where he had tapped his wand.

Niall frowned. "Does that thing know where the kitchens are?"

Fred stared at him. "You don't know where the kitchens are? You, Niall Horan, does not know the kitchens?" Niall shook his head. "We are so going there. That was the first thing Dad told me to find when I was eleven!"