Chapter # 39

"Yeah because of you!". He says in defeat. "And because of you, I wouldn't be standing here happily". Hugo says.

We hugged each other savouring the moment, when...
__________________

"O-okaaaaay". He heard a familiar voice.

I looked over to see James... Because of that we pulled out of the hug almost immediately.

"Even though you guys do that, I won't be able to forget what just happened just now but set that aside... Dad's calling for you... Both of you". James said in uncertainty.

"Why may I ask?". Hugo asks.

"That's just it I don't know". James answereds and started walking towards the castle, well... Not before giving Hugo a wink.

I heard Hugo chuckle beside me.

"Oh no I get it! I thought that you and James talked in his bedroom about Amber, or that Vi girl all along it was me!". I said not realising what I have said.

"Eavesdropper right over here". He smirks as he flicked my forehead.

"Ouch, yes yes I did eavesdrop... I didn't mean to though". I said.

"Now I know why you've been grumpy before". Hugo chuckled. " You were just being jealous". He teases.

I sighed, and started heading to the castle without talking to him but.... That eventually failed.

I wouldn't dare not talking to him ever! Even though at rough times between us before, he just kept on talking.

I'm almost wondering why this guy hasn't had bruises on his face right now.

I laughed.

"What are you laughing for Sof?". Dad asks on his throne.

Because of this, this snapped me out of my day dream.

"Nothing at all dad". I answered.

But he just smiled in reply, a smile which meant something.

"Hugo do you still have that stone I gave you 4 years ago?". Dad asks seriously.

Oh yeah! The stone... I might have forgotten about that but I'm still curious to what it is...

"Yes King Roland". Hugo says formally as he slipped of a ring of his finger and showed it to us.

He used the stone for the gem of a ring.

I started to listen intently

"That stone has a somewhat a connection to Sofia's amulet". Dad says. "Well all we knew or the historical stuff about that stone is that the holder should be protecting the holder of the amulet". Dad explains.

"Yeah let's say thats right, but... The question is why me?". Hugo asks.

"Well I thought that James would be the one to own that before... Since he's so close with Sofia but... When I knew that you knew how to use it, there I knew that you were meant to hold that stone, to own it". Dad answered.

"Okay, but what about the glowing of this stone? It keeps on glowing without any reason". Hugo asks.

"You sure that it doesn't have any reason to glow? Perhaps some needs? Or missing a 'thing' ?". Dad asks while raising a brow at the both us of.

"Whatever do you mean dad?". I ask.

*sigh* "Sofia I know, that you know what I mean... Both of you know what I mean". Dad says.

Everytime my amulet glows, I kept on thinking about him... Well not just that but it also glows on its own...

"That's how much you miss me...". Me and Hugo said in unison trailing off.

"I knew it... Hugo you have to protect Sofia, especially now that she has a kingdom to rule". Dad says.

"But dad, Hugo has a kingdom of his own he needs to rule". I corrected.

"You think I don't know that? There's something more to what I mean, and I know Hugo knows what it is". Dad says as he looked at Hugo...

Hugo just nodded.

"Well both of you protect each other, Sofia has proven that she can protect herself, but there is a reason why both of your special items have been together for thousands of years". Dad says.

Still confused I looked over to the two...