Chapter # 21

Third person's POV

As everyone was busy happily celebrating in the party... In the corner of the celebration Hall...

"Heh, go on celebrate all you want... After how many weeks of planning, I finally have a perfect plan to get that preacious stone, right Wormwood? And Enchancia will finally be in my grasp!! " Cedric grinned weirdly.

Seconds later he started to laugh..."MHMHMAHAHAHAHA" People were starting to look at him.

Hugo's POV

Since Clums has already drifted off to sleep, me and James are hanging out here in the celebration Hall. And... Its boring, it's so boring without Sofia... Well Hugo's my best friend but I think I have gotten used to Sofia's company since we've been together doing stuff. I sat in agape pretending that I'm listening to James but the truth is I'm just looking around.

As usual in a party people were dancing, chatting, drinking, walking around with a bird, singing, lau--- wait.... Walking around with a bird???

Cedric?? The royal wizard of Enchancia? Why is this weird all of us sudden?? Usually when there is a party Cedric usually NEVER comes. While walking around he keeps stealing glances at James.

"And you know that usu---" I cutted James off.

"Um James do you know anything about Cedric's bird?" I asked, making James off guard.

"uhh no...? Maybe...? I don't know, cause I don't always visit Cedric's tower" James answered looking at me weirdly.

"You sure? The black bird? That's always around your cast..."

"W-wait!! T-thats the bird!!!" James shouts, making other people startled and look at him.

"What do you mean??" I ask.

But before he could answer me, King Roland and Queen Miranda arrived with looks of worriedness on their faces.

"What's wrong son?!?!". King Roland asks.

"D-dad! Mom! Hugo!! Cedric's bird... That's the thing that made me s-stuck inside the photo!!". James shouts.

"W-what is the meaning of this?". Queen Miranda asks as she held onto King Roland's Sleeves lightly.

Many people looked at something in the food area, and so I looked as well and saw Cedric happily eating.

"Guards!! Seize him!!". And with one swift movement the guards swooped Cedric away.

"N-no!! NOT NOW!!! I WAS ALMOST THERE!! NOOO! LET GO OF ME!!". Cedric shouts as he struggled to pull away from the guards grip.

"Take him to prison... Make sure he dosent escape". King Roland Commands.

The guards nodded and started walking out of the celebration Hall. That's when we noticed James looking afar, pale.

I gave him a pat. " You OK now?" I asked and realised he was very cold.

"Y-yeah..." I looked at him. "No... I suddenly remember being stuck in that picture, it was very dark, yeah I could see the outside part but, the feeling was dark, dark enough to convince me that something evil caused it to happen". James shivered as he explained what happened.

"He's not here anymore James, your safe". Queen Miranda said and hugged James.

And with that James finally let out a cry, a single tear left his eye, and that's when King Roland hugs him.

"You were scared all this time... That's alright son let it all out". King Roland said softly.

I just looked at them like a perfect family, *sigh* because of this sight I remember back in the old days still in this castle when we---... Never mind, it will never come back to that.

Soon they broke out of their hug, with James already calmed up.

"Hugo can we entrust James to you? To be with him in his room? You can have a sleep over, James needs your guidance". Queen Miranda Pleaded.

"I would love to b-but da--". I was cutted off by King Roland.

"Don't worry I will talk to him". He said.

"Very well then.". I said and accompanied James to this room, this is my very first time seeing James so vulnerable.

"James rest up, well talk tomorrow, don't worry I'll be with you". I said.

He didn't say a word and started drifting off to sleep. I didn't know that what happened caused him to have trauma... *sigh* I should have known this would happen, I'm his best friend, childhood friend, and president for petes sake!! *sigh*

I guess I need the rest I could get too...