Chapter Twenty-Seven

Dallas

Troye ground his waist against my crotch as his fingers danced across my neck, igniting my whole body. I'm gonna take a guess here and say it probably isn't the best idea to be dancing sexually on top of our kitchen counter while our peers watch in a drunken haze--even though they were apparently cheering us on. But, on account of the fact I've had one too many and Troye has had 10 too many, I didn't really care.

We had been dancing for the last hour or so up here, sometimes being joined by other couples and the occasional intoxicated cheerleader. We were having fun to say the least--maybe a little too much fun, which my semi-erect penis can attest to.

Too tired to continue on without a little more stimulation, I left Troye dancing along to some song or another and headed to the keg. I took my time, filling up one cup after another and observing the kids around me. People were making out and hooking up and dancing and fighting like idiots. I took another swig of my beer. Damn I love high school.

Missing my little pup, I heightened my senses to see if I could hear him anywhere on account of the fact he wasn't dancing on tables any longer. Somehow I caught wind of Dylan saying his name so I automatically tuned into the conversation.

"I swear dude you better not touch a hair on Troye's head or DALLAS will kick your ass," Dylan was saying, shouting my name presumably to get my attention.

My eyes scanned the room anxiously. if Troye was in trouble I needed to be there. Spotting them a couple feet away emerged in a conversation with some huge football dude, I sped over behind them.

"Shut up Cook, this little whore wants everything I'm about to do to him. Right slut?" the huge guy said, tightening his grip on Troye's wrist.

It took all my strength not to whip the guy around and dig my claws into his neck and gouge out his vocal chords. So instead, I took a deep breath and bit my tongue until I knew what was going on. Dylan's eyes drifted behind this guys head and his face seemed to wash over with relief when he saw me, although he was the only one who did.

Dylan chuckled nervously. "I reeeeaaaaallly wouldn't Chaz..." He said, a knowing look on his face.

"I said fuck off Cook! I will do this slut and Dallas can't stop me. I'm not scared of that prick."

Troye gulped. I grit my teeth and clenched my fists so hard that my nails had drawn blood from my palms. So this douche was trying to take Troye upstairs. Oh was he gonna so regret that.

"You should be."
My voice came out low and dangerous, fury dripping off every word.
Slowly Chaz turned around to face me, his confident smirk now slightly less confident. Before he had time to let go of the grinning Troye, I stepped up to Chaz, yanking his arm forward and summoning all my strength to swiftly twist his wrist, a loud crack ringing throughout the room as he yelped and finally dropped his hold on Troye.

"YOU JUST BROKE MY FUCKING ARM DUDE!" Chaz yelled, instantly quieting the entire room.

My face remained stoic, my stance casual. I shrugged.
"I told you that you should be afraid of me. When it comes to Troye I don't play games."

He gave me a deadly glare, still cradling his broken wrist.
"Why don't you two fags take your shit somewhere else?" he spat, as if he hadn't tried to make advances on one of the "fags" a second earlier.
He had crossed the line. Call me a fag, fine. Call Troye one? Oh hell no.

Without warning, I advanced on him throwing a quick punch to his face as my knee connected with his crotch. Gasps echoed in the kitchen as Chaz groaned in pain. Not wanting to cause complete embarrassment for the kid, I turned my back on him to walk away. But before I could take more than a couple of steps, I heard his battle grunts from behind me as he tried to bring me into a headlock. I internally laughed. What a fool. I drove my elbow back into his gut with as much force as I could muster before he had the chance to get his arm around my neck. The sound of him landing on the hard tile with a thud brought a pleasant, successful smile to my face.
He didn't get up again.