Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Troye

“What’s wrong? Tell me!” Dallas asked for the third time, shaking my shoulders as my mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

I pulled back from his grip with wide eyes, my mind swirling.

Alphas and Omegas do not have relationships. They don’t banter with each other; they don’t lie in the same bed together at night. They don’t even speak to each other unless it’s a command. I molested an Alpha. I had my hands all over him. I kissed his neck over and over again when he was sleeping, knowing how he would react if he were awake.

This cannot be happening to me.

I backed away from him, shaking my head back and forth, trying to think of some sort of excuse. Some way to get myself out of werewolf purgatory. I practically broke every law in the book. I was going to be banished—or worse—from Eastern, I could feel it.

“Troye! Talk to me! Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?!” He kept advancing towards me, but I only stepped back.

“No, no, no Dallas..” I quickly turned around the table, heading for the front door, my body shaking uncontrollably.

But he was there first. He stood completely still in front of the doorway, arms crossed over his chest, looking at me curiously but with unmistakable worry etched on his face.

“Troye. Listen to me. I need you to tell me what’s wrong or I wont be able to help you.”

I gulped nervously and stood still. I looked around me, but there was no escaping him.

He voiced my internal plan, “No way. You’re staying right here.”

I ran my hands over my face, cursing God or whomever the werewolves believed in. First I was bitten, wasn’t that bad enough? Do I seriously need to be banished as well? I swallowed back tears. Dallas didn’t need to see me cry.

But before I knew it sobs erupted from my traitor of a body. My shoulders shook with my sadness and fear.

“Troye, oh my god,” and suddenly his arms were wrapped around me so tightly I had no choice but to stand there and cry. I’ve already broken every Eastern law, who cares anyways?! I might as well go and fuck “beta Sam” while I’m at, violating law 34 of the Omega Code.

He smoothed down my hair and whispered words of reassurance in my ear, but even that didn’t cease my pain.

After a while he released me form the embrace, but still held his hands firmly on my shoulders.

“Troye, I don’t care about what is going on or who is making you feel this way, but—look at me, pup—I promise you I will protect you. I care for you. I do.”

I couldn’t ignore the flutter in my heart and the glimmer of hope inside me when he pulled me back into a bone-crushing hug, cementing his words.

“I will always care for you. I will always protect you,” he whispered and immediately I felt as if we were one.

The hug was short-lived as the shrill ring of Dallas’ phone made me jump and squeal. He chuckled, pulling out his phone. His bright face suddenly dropped as he checked caller I.d. and pulled the phone up to his ear.