Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Dallas

I finally realized he was asleep when I heard Troye’s light snores and felt his steady breaths that made my spine tickle. I pulled off my glasses and set down the file I was reporting on. It had been almost an hour since we arrived back at the pack house and I was nowhere near finished with the paperwork.

“Carson? Is that you?” I whispered to my empty office. I watched as my door creaked open and the scout’s familiar jet-black hair and chiseled jaw-line appeared, his eyes alert.

“Is everything alright Alpha?” he responded in the same volume.

I nodded and then looked down at the disheveled hair of my sleeping brother.

“Could you take Troye home and stay with him until I get there? And if you don’t make sure he is safe, I will personally chop off your balls and feed them to a squirrel,” I deadpanned, watching as Carson’s face turned sheet white.

He nodded and stepped into the room completely, ready to complete his task. Carefully, I pushed myself away from the desk and stood up with Troye’s body clung onto me. I walked towards Carson, slowly pulling Troye off me. Carson gently took him from me and Troye instantly snuggled down into his chest, a fiery ball of envy forming in my chest. I turned away from them—in order to protect Carson’s face from my fist—and they headed out of the office quietly.

                                                            ~~

Troye

A steady pounding underneath me had my eyes lazily opening. I hazily recognized the worn wooden door behind me as Dallas’ office, but I wasn’t too sure based on the fact I was half asleep.

I guess Dallas had carried me out and we were on our way home. My body tingled with the thought of getting into the same bed as him. I pulled my head up slightly and found Dallas’ ear—one of my favorite spots to tease.

I lightly brushed my lips against it and opened my mouth slightly to speak.

“Hey Dal, once we get home we can finish what we started earlier,” I whispered, moaning slightly and lightly biting down on the flesh beneath his ear.

But nothing happened. I couldn’t smell his arousal, he wasn’t moaning or tightening his grip on me. He actually loosened it. He actually tried to move is neck away from my mouth.

I scrambled around in his arms slightly as he continued walking. I tried to pull myself up off him to look at his face and see what was wrong, but when I did I wish I hadn’t.

The face didn’t belong to my big brother. It belonged to a dark haired pale skinned man I had never seen before in my life. My heart began racing and images of being tied up or raped flooded through my mind. I was being taken again.

“DALLLLLASSS!!!!!” I shrieked at the top of my lungs, trying my hardest to escape his death grip. I was thrashing and screaming as he tried to speak but I just couldn’t listen.

The sudden sound of a door slamming had me whipping my head back towards the direction we had come. A frazzled looking Dallas stood a few feet away from me.

At the sight of him I leapt with all my strength and was released from the strange man’s hold. I bounded up to Dallas, screaming his name over and again, and jumped into his outstretched arms.