Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Troye

“I said I’d handle it, Dal!” I responded forcefully, Dallas clenching and unclenching his fists in response.

After a few moments of deep breathing, he responded. “Fine. But please check in with me soon, I’ve gotta go see Randy,” his gruff tone sent chills down my spine, as per usual. I sighed as he softened his eyes and glanced at me lovingly. Not even five seconds later, his face hardened and he huffed, turning on his heel and strutting down the hallway with his backpack slung over his shoulder.

Boys.

Not wasting anytime, I quickly made my way to the boys locker room where the team was already changing into their warm ups. I had a bone to pick with Issac. He had sent me a picture of Dallas pressing me against the lockers and whispering in my ear, taken just moments ago. He wrote: “You’re not a thing with Dallas? Why don’t you tell him that. Or maybe I will, along with the rest of the school.”

It made Dallas furious. After I showed it to him, I had to hold his arms down so he didn’t punch his locker. So lets just say I’m doing Issac a favor by handling this one on my own.

Right as I turned the corner to head down the gym hallway, I spotted Issac making his way into the locker room.

“Yo Issac!” I shouted, picking up speed and jogging towards him. He stopped walking and lay against the wall, a stupidly smug smile on his face.

“What can I do for you Troye?” he asked innocently as I caught my breath. My face twisted up into an angered expression and I could practically feel my blood boil and the overwhelming desire to hit him. God damn, is this what it feels like being Dallas?

“I don’t know what the hell you think you’re trying to pull, or why, but it needs to stop,” I flashed my phone at him quickly, his message and the picture still there. He glanced down at it, and then back up at me but his eyes held no remorse.

“Whatever, Issac. I thought we were friends, I thought I could trust you! Now you’re threatening me and trying to expose something that you know absolutely nothing about. Friends don’t pull that kind of shit, Issac. Now, thanks to you, you and I are only teammates. Nothing more,” I finished, my chest heaving with the remnants of my rage. I gave him one last hard glare and brushed past him into the locker room, but not without seeing his face fall as I did so.

                                                            ~~

The stands were completely filled by now; Lakeview banners waving from the overenthusiastic parents and spirited students. I took a deep breath in and scoured the crowd once more for Dallas. He still wasn’t here and my heart rate had risen dramatically in the last five minutes due to his absence. I just hope nothing happened to him. Please let nothing have happened to him.

Right as coach was calling us back into a huddle, a pair of familiar broad shoulders covered in a worn leather jacket made their way through row one of the massive stands. A grin found its way on my face as I watched Dallas push through fans to find seats, Randy and Sam in tow. I focused in on them and could make out some of what they were saying.

Dallas: Excuse me, pardon me, gotta get to my seat, sorry mam.

Sam: Dallas what are you doing? There are absolutely no seats in this row!

Dallas: Just shut up for a minute Sam, I’m working on it.

I watched with a smile as Dallas stopped in front of an older lady sitting alone, then smiled politely down at her.