N

"Oof," Zeref said as i walked in the door.

"WHAT?!" I stormed up the stairs and into my room slamming the door. I flopped on my bed. I punched my pillow over and over.

"GAH!" i shout as my punch goes straight through the pillow. I throw it at the wall on the far side of my room. It leaves a trail of feathers in its wake.

"She likes gray." i sigh thinking of Lucy and my best friend going out on dates and holding hands. I feel something wet hit my hand.

Really? Im crying over a girl? But then again Lucy's not just any girl. I wipe my eyes, and just in time too. My dad walks in with his no funny business face on.

"Storm into the house, yell at your brother, stomp up the stairs and slam your door." he patted my back, "lady problems?"

I nod.

"Well out of all the problems you'll have in your life, 80% of them will be related to a female." he patted my back as he said this.

"The thing is," I sound strained, "i'm dating her best friend, but i like her. She likes my best friend and i want to kill my best friend right now. Also i would rather date this girl than my girlfriend!"

"That's a real pickle you got there son," my dad signed, "Cant believe im sayin' this but your brother Zeref has more experience with this sort of confusing nonsense. Might want to talk to him" My dad squeezed my knee before he walked out.

I frown and grabbing my phone. I pop in my ear buds and hit play. The song that's on is Stitches. Perfect.

I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life
Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on
You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses-

If I'm without your kisses...

I think about Lucy. If this song applied to my life... I felt my face heat up thinking about kissing Lucy.

"Gah!" I scream. "I have a girlfriend! And I'm thinking about kis-"

My phone rang. I looked at it.

Gray.

"Yo," I answer

"Sup," he replied

"Wassup?" I ask

"Don't know if you know and you'll probably hate me for it, but I'm going out tonight with someone and I need your help." Gray said a little nervously.

"Sure," I feel the tension in the air melt. "You in charge?"

"Nah, She is."

"Who is she?" I'm curious .

"Uuuuuuuuuuh...ummmmmm...someone."He hurried on, "listen, I don't date. Not usually. I have no idea what to do."

Realization strikes.

"It's Lucy," I ask, "isn't it?"

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees...."

I suck up the want to hang up and decide to help the poor moron. "Come over and I'll teach you."

"Thanks! Seriously. Thanks Natsu."

I smile but it's forced. "Yeah. No problem."

He hangs up.

I make another phone call.

"Natsu!" Lisanna answers on the first ring.

" hey Liss, we need to talk," I take a deep breath think about how to say it. "Listen, I-you're a great girl," one thing I've learned is you turn the conversation with a girl in her direction and always sweeten the next bitter part.

"Natsy?"

"You're a great, beautiful person but I think-"

Lisanna gasped. "Do you have a red suit?!"

What. This is way off topic.

She gasped again. "You need to come over an hour early for the party so we can do a grand entrance. Bye!"

She hung up.

I groaned and turned my music back on.

I'll be needing stitches
I'm tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Just like a moth drawn to a flame
Oh you lured me in I couldn't sense the pain
Your bitter heart cold to the touch
Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own
Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on
You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
I'm tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread
Gonna wind up dead
Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread
Gonna wind up dead
Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread
Gonna wind up dead
Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out of my head, get you out of my head
You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
I'm shaking falling onto my knees (falling on my knees)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches (and I'll be needing stitches)
I'm tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help (begging baby please)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

I threw my phone across the room. It went out the open window and hit someone coming up the drive.

"OWWW!" Gray yelled.

I stuck my head out the window. "What?!"

"You threw your phone at my head!" He screams back.

"SO?! Just get in here!" I slam the window shut. A few minutes later Gray opens my door and chucks my phone at my head. I catch the flying cell phone with on hand and then toss it on the bed. He sighs.

"SIT ON THE FLOOR." I growl ever so happy to be ordering him around.

"Fine," Gray sat on the floor.

For the next hour I grilled him on things Luce liked, girls liked, and how to strike up a decent conversation.

"Lucy's favorite color?" I ask. "And her second?"

He blinks "Pink And Uh... Uh... Uh... color?"

"First off, Luce doesn't really have a favorite color. But she does like pink, white, blue and black," not to mention she looks good in them. Stop thinking Natsu! I think, mentally kicking myself. She's your best friends girlfriend and you have your own girlfriend. I scream internally.

"Right." Gray lays down on his, oddly shirtless back.

"Yo, Gray," I start.

"What?" He closes his eyes.

"Where's your shirt?"

His eyes snap open, "KYA!"

I laugh. He does too. It's good to have friends.

I help Gray prepare for his date.

"Yo Gray?" I ask realizing something.

"Hmm?"

"Formal or cas.?" I ask

"Hmm?!"

"You don't KNOW?!" I yell.

He grabs his phone and calls someone.

YAY I LOVE MY OWN VERSION OF IGNEEL I IMAGINE HE"D BE LIKE THIS. If he wasn't a dragon. and all that. I have changed zeref's chararcter a bit too. i think if he'd lived like a normal person without his family dying he'd be like this sort of. 

you'll see Zervis. Jerza. Gale. Nalu (duh) and gruvia (one sided-juvia) as you continue the story. you will also see a tad bit of miraxus. oh and elfgreen previously. but THIS IS MOSTLY NALU! I heart nalu it is my OTP. 4ever.

libby