Natsu

Thanks for readin' my story Readers! I think i'll sign of as Lib. or Libby. Comment on which of these options you like.

1. Lib

2. Libby

3. 1libra

Thanks y'all!

"Oof," I said as I slid out of my bed and onto the floor. There was a pounding on the door, "Gah! What is IT?!"

I flung the door open. Wendy withered at my angry bedraggled appearance.

"I-I-I-I found L-Lucy's Cell Ph-phone!" she handed it to me and ran away down the stairs. I closed my door and stared at Lucy's phone. I turned it on 89% battery. I hit the home button again if i was right Lucy never changed her password, and it was 3743637. Friends. Cute. It worked! Natsu was in her phone. I thought, Now first I'll unblock my contact, then I'll find out why Lucy doesn't like me.

I viewed the last text Lucy sent to me.

Hey Natsu?

Sup luce! What's up?

Don't ask me to the dance alright?

Y not! Has someone already asked U!?

No.

Good C U Later.

He remembered that! He had been so mad, he thought Lucy had been asked already. Turns out she just didn't want a date? No, he'd been sure that all the things that she had said like:

"Hey, Natsu, did you know Gray and Cana are going to the dance as friends?" or "Hey, Natsu? Who are asking to the dance? Is she blonde?" or "Natsu? What would you do if a girl asked you?" He remembered one specific time.

He had just sat down in the cafeteria. Lucy sat next to him.

"I'm so excited for the Christmas dance!" She had said.

"Yeah? Why's that?" He asked, "Did someone ask you?"

She looked pointedly at him, "Actually yes, Gray did. But I explained my situation and he said it was cool. I'm waiting for a certain boy to ask me still." She nudged me on the word certain.

"Gray?" I gagged on my food, "Seriously?"

The next day I asked her. She said no and ran away. Then Lisanna asked me and I dumbly said yes. I should have gone and checked on Lucy. I didn't and regretted it. Lisanna was clingy and annoying the entire time. I searched and searched for Lucy, but turns out she wasn't there. 

Then I decided to snoop a bit, after all the least Lucy would do to me was kill me painfully slowly. Now I might have had a problem if it was anyone else, but...

It was Luce, so I was ok. I searched through some of her texts. There was NOTHING intriguing at all. Until her and Lisanna's texts. One particular one interested me it was from a long time ago.

LUCY LUCY LUCY LUCY LUCY!

What?

Natsu said he wasn't going to be your friend anymore because you humiliated him and he doesn't like you I'm so sorry!!!!!! It's all my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did I say that!?!

I never would have said that! Why wouldn't I want to be Lucy's friend? Though I was embarrassed when she said no, it didn't make me mad at her. This is so messed up! Did Lucy actually think I said that? Is that why she's mad at me? She thinks I'm a big jerk! Why did Lisanna say that I said that? Did she know it would end our friendship? Probably...

Now that I think about it at the dance...

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ three years previously⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Natsu?" Lisanna tugged my arm, "Who are you looking for?"

Urg, Lisanna was a nice girl, but she was clingy. "Huh? Oh I'm not looking for anyone. I just... I'm admiring the decorations."

Where was Lucy? Was she alright? He was pretty sure he had heard sobbing coming from the girls' bathroom earlier that day. Stop worrying. She probably went to the dance with someone else. That made the anger swell to the point of boiling.

Lisanna was talking to someone else, "What? Oh I'm here with Natsu."

Turns out she was talking with Gray.

"Natsu?" He asked, "I thought Natsu was going to ask Lucy."

Lisanna laughed, "He did. But she said no. Isn't that sweet? She did it so I could go with the right guy."

What? Lucy said no so Lisanna could go with me? Why?

"That's weird. I asked Lucy a few weeks ago when we first got the announcement about the dance. She said she was waiting for Natsu to ask her. That was cool it wasn't a biggie but I assumed he ha-"

I stared at Gray.

"Hey Natsu." He said.

"Hi." I walked out the door and walked home thinking about what I had overheard.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ back to present day⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

I frowned at the memory. I had thought Lucy just didn't like me. So instead of asking her I avoided her, for years until, I couldn't anymore, she need a place to stay, I invited her over. I had never told my parents about asking her to the dance. For all they knew I hung out with her all day at school, and that she was freakishly busy. Lies. But I couldn't tell them the truth, that I was avoiding my best friend from kindergarten. They would make me talk to her and that wasn't an option at the time. But now I needed to clear this up.

I got dressed and brushed my teeth. Then I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I wasn't hungry but I finished off the OJ jug anyway. I hopped on Zeref's skateboard and headed to Lucy's. Her phone and my phone both in my sweatshirt pocket.