Chapter 24 - The Fall of a Vampire Noble

Previously

Lucal stopped walking and looked up to see Yuu.

" This is surprising. Humans? "

Present

" Yeah, we're humans. And you're gonna go down quietly vampire! "

" Die! " Yuu charged towards Lucal and their swords clashed until Yuu was pushed back.

Lucal, sensing Shihou's presence, immediately deflected Shihou's attack.

" It's over! " Shinoa shouted as she swung her scythe at Lucal only for it to be stopped by his thumb and forefinger.

" Don't get too excited, humans. " Lucal narrowed his eyes.

Narumi charged from behind Lucal.

" Checkmate. "

Lucal then lifted the scythe, lifting Shinoa as well, and threw them towards Narumi who gritted his teeth, " Tsk, you're in my way. "

" Shinoa! " Yuu shouted and used his sword to hold back Narumi's weapon while Shinoa let go of her scythe.

" Idiot. I was going for you from the start. " Lucal appeared behind Yuu.

" Shit! " Yuu whirled around to face Lucal.

" Tenjiryu! Protect Yuu! " Mitsuba shouted as her weapon attacked but was defeated with only one swing of Lucal's sword.

Mitsuba's eyes widened and gasped.

" Die, vampire! " Shihou shouted as he clashed swords with Lucal but soon one of his swords was flung away(?).

" You die, human. " Lucal said but then was stabbed by Rika, Taro and Yayoi.

" Shusaku! " Rika called out.

" Do it now! " commanded Taro.

" Akahebi, capture the vampire. " Shusaku instructed as there was a glowing red aura around him. Chains then came out from the ground and wrapped around Lucal's left arm.

Rika, Taro and Yayoi then jumped away from Lucal.

" Good job! " Narumi praised.

" You're done for! " Yuu yelled as he and Narumi charged towards Lucal who 'tch'ed and cut off his arm which had the chains around it and jumped away, causing Yuu and Narumi to stab nothing.

" Humans one after another... "

" Don't let him get away. It'll be bad if he regroups with the other nobles. " Shinoa commanded.

" But doing so will break formation. Maintain it and take down the enemy! "

" I see. These are the humans Krul Tepes was talking about. " Lucal realised, " True that they are dangerous. "

" We'll attack him all at once. " Narumi said but Shihou objected.

" Hold on. We can't keep the formation and chase him like this. We need to lure him into our formation. " Shihou walked forward.

" We wouldn't be having this trouble if we could do that. You got a plan? " Narumi asked.

Shihou just glanced at Yuu who got the message and sheathed his sword.

" Oi! What are you doing?! " Narumi demanded.

" Please let those two take care of this. " Shinoa pleaded to which Narumi just, " Tsk. "