Chapter 18 - Cry

Previously

" You should be more aware of your surroundings, Lucifer. After all, this is a war. A war that was started by greed. " the cloaked woman said as she stared down at the form of the unconscious Lucifer.

Present

" Where are you, (Y/N)? " Lilith muttered to herself as Haru slept in her arms with a frown on his face.

She burst into (Y/N)'s room just to see a woman of the unknown species lying in bed with an unconscious (Y/N).

The woman had her head propped up be her hand with her elbow supporting the weight of her head. She made a quiet motion to Lilith and smirked.

" You wouldn't want to wake little (Y/N) up now would you? " the creature asked telepathically to Lilith whose eyes widened.

THUD!

Lilith collapsed on the floor as a figure behind her loomed over her. Apparently, the woman was a distraction for the figure to knock Lilith unconscious.

" Hmph, what an idiot. " the figure said to be revealed a male version of the unknown species.

He crouched down to carry Lilith and Haru as the woman carried (Y/N) in her arms. The two then disappeared along with the other unknown species on the demon territory as the air ships Zeus sent were seen from a distance away.
*
" Every demon civilian was turned to stone with red tentacle-like things wrapped around certain body parts like this one. The tentacle is wrapped around this woman's right leg while this one is wrapped around this man's arm. " the head guard reported to Zeus after returning from the demons' territory.

Zeus frowned as he processed the information before the head guard spoke again, " and...I sensed the familiar presence of Artemis there...just that...it was dark... "

Zeus' eyes widened.

It all made sense now. Artemis was the one who initiated the attack towards the demons for revenge for not killing the baby.

" Alright. Go and rest up. I'll have to alert the other gods of this upcoming battle—no, war. "
*
Lilith stirred and her eyelids slowly fluttered open to be met with darkness.

" Huh? Where-Where am I? " Lilith looked around her.

Memories of what had happened before she was knocked out rushed back to her and she immediately started thrashing around only to find her hands and ankles were in shackles.

" She's awake " a voice stated as footsteps approached closer to Lilith.

Slowly, a woman wearing a black cloak came out of the shadows. Lilith stared at the figure and could see the dull black pupils of the figure as she stared back at her. Lilith's attention diverted towards a strand of dirty blonde hair sticking out of the cloak.

The figure pulled down the hood to reveal her face and Lilith gasped.

" A-Artemis...? "

Meanwhile...

(Y/N) and Haru were laid on two separate cold steel tables with cuffs around their ankles and wrists. A woman with flaming curly red hair in a lab coat was bustling about as she pressed several buttons on her control panel.

(Y/N) slowly stirred awake and heard voices having a conversation in hush whispers.

" Who should I start the brainwashing process on? " a female voice asked.

" Shouldn't it be the girl? She is the heir- " another female voice started but was cut off by the first.

" But then the boy has more potential and would be easily brainwashed since he is younger. If we start with the girl first, it can take a while and it would be a bother to keep on injecting sedatives to the boy to keep him in a dreamy state. " the first scoffed.

Suddenly, footsteps were heard and a door being slammed open was heard and another female voice was heard but this time it held authority.

" What are you two doing just chit chatting away? "

" Artemis-sama?! " the two females squeaked out.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened.

'A goddess? What's a goddess doing here?' She thought as she still felt groggy and didn't feel like moving.

" Dr. Veronica Frankenstein, what are you still doing? You're suppose to be brainwashing one of them by now. " Artemis stated.

" Well, I was wondering who to start the process on- "

" Just fu**ing do it already! You're wasting time! " Artemis glared at Dr. Frankenstein who sighed and nodded.

She began hooking wires to Haru and nodded towards the other female who began typing away on the computer. Frankenstein pulled down a lever and Haru immediately started thrashing around.

" Hurry and rewrite his memories. " Artemis ordered before she walked out of the room leaving the four of them inside.

In another room...

" What are we supposed to do with this one? " a man wearing dark clothing and a mask asked another man in the same attire.

" Wrap him up nicely. Clean him too before wrapping and place him in front of the other. " the other stated as he read the instructions.

The two quickly worked on the man. Cleaning him with a wet cloth and bundled him up with towels and leaving him naked.

His skin was a deathly pale. His lips blue and his chest slowly moved up and down. His dark hair was tousled. He was none other than Lucifer.
*
" Are you still defying me? " Artemis sighed as she held a whip in her hands.

Lilith already had bruises and some cuts on her body. Her breaths were shallow and ragged and weakly struggled against her bindings.

Artemis snapped her fingers and two men came in carrying another who was still. They placed him in front of Lilith whose eyes widened when she saw the face of her love one.

" Now, thanks to you wasting my precious time and for defying me, this shall be your punishment. " Artemis said as she held a knife near Lucifer's neck.

" No...NO NO NO NO NO! PLEASE! NOT HIM! " Lilith begged.

" Any last words Lucifer? " Artemis said as she glanced briefly at Lucifer's face whose eyes were opened.

Lucifer's eyes scanned the image of his lovely wife crying, screaming, her clothes and hair were messed up yet she still looked beautiful to him.

His mouth opened and mouthed some words to her which caused her to scream even more.

" NO! PLEASE! PLEASE! STOP— " Lilith's screams came to an abrupt halt just as the knife plunged into Lucifer's chest, right above the heart.

And soon,

many more knives were plunged into his body in a blink of an eye

Lilith's body shook and soon...

She let out a cry

A cry of anguish

A cry of despair

A cry of sadness

And lastly,

A cry of fear

" Don't worry. I love you. "
—————————————————————————
IM BACK PEOPLE! SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY AND IT HAS ALREADY BEEN A MONTH SINCE IVE UPDATED SO IM VERY SORRY ABOUT THAT. Anyways, I started high school on Jan 2 2018 and this is the second week of lessons and I'm piled up with homework : Math, Science, Mother Tongue, Art and English 😰😢😭 All due next week. Excuse my inactiveness in updating my books because this is gonna be a regular thing. I'll try to update at least once a month from now on. If I don't, I might be updating another book for that month. Thank you for your patience! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sayonara, minna!

P.S. Sorry for the crappy chapter.

*EDITED*