Chapter 19 - Escape

Previously

She let out a cry

A cry of anguish

A cry of despair

A cry of sadness

And lastly,

A cry of fear

" Don't worry. I love you. "

Present

(Y/N) slowly opened her eyes to see Veronica and the other female working on Haru. Haru being unconscious from an injection of a drug that would make him sleep for ten hours at most. The other female had her hand on Haru's forehead with a glow around it.

" H-Haru...? " (Y/N) croaked out hoarsely as she tried to get a better look of her brother.

Veronica whirled around quickly at the voice and saw (Y/N) straining against her cuffs. She cursed under her breath before quickly grabbing a syringe filled with a pink liquid and injected into (Y/N) who started thrashing around, trying to move but impossible.

" D-Damn...it... " she said weakly before going unconscious.
*
Lilith woke up in a daze.

She couldn't remember much besides crying and shrieking after what she had witnessed. She barely functioned and could barely recall someone shoving food into her mouth twice so that she could stay alive.

She was tired.

Especially after losing Lucifer.

Her eyes drifted shut.

A faint memory of (Y/N) and Haru appeared which caused her eyes to snap open.

That's right.

Her children were here.

The least she could do was to help them escape before she could even leave the world.

She strained to sense their presence as she was too weak to move. She gritted her teeth as she calculated how long before she could move forward with her plan.

Four days.

No more.

No less.
*
(Y/N) didn't know how long she was at that same laboratory. Could be days, weeks, months even. They kept her sedated most of the time so she had no sense of time at all.

She noticed that neither of the two females were in the lab and that Haru was finally free of tubes sticking into his body and that he was just sleeping soundly.

The only odd thing was that she could see some traces of black markings at the back of his forearm going to his back.

She never recalled such thing on her brother.

Suddenly, the whole place shook as the sound of an explosion sounded. Alarms started ringing all over the place. Sounds of boots thumping against the floor were heard as well as shouting and yelling outside the lab.

" Capture that demon quick! " was all what (Y/N) heard from the yelling and shouting.

'Demon? Mama?' (Y/N) purses her lips into a thin line and braved herself as another explosion sounded and shook the place once more.

Cracks appeared on the ceiling and walls soon after.

(Y/N) felt a sudden heat coming from behind her and before she could look behind her, another explosion happened.

The impact hurled her towards the wall including the table where she was cuffed to.

A hole was now in the wall and there stood Lilith with bruises and tattered wings. She quickly ran to (Y/N) and broke the cuffs around (Y/N)'s wrists and ankles before grabbing her by the shoulders.

" (Y/N), you have to escape as fast as possible. I sent a weak signal to Zeus. He should have noticed it. Quickly run until you reach a dead end and push the brick at the bottom left corner where a secret passage will open. Continue running from there until you see an opening. Go, now. " Lilith instructed before pushing (Y/N) towards the hole.

" But what about Haru?! " (Y/N) protested as she turned to look back at Haru who had not woken up by the explosions and was still sleeping.

" They've already erased his memories of us and installed new ones. They will use him in the future. That is why, in the future when you face him, I need you to be strong and not hesitate. There's a way to bring his memories back but I do not know how. Now, I need you to run. Run until you find one of the gods or goddesses. Go! NOW! " Lilith pushed (Y/N) through the wall just as footsteps could be heard coming towards the lab.

(Y/N) ran and ran.

She encountered no one as they were all busy with the explosions. She carried out her mother's instructions until she finally reached an opening and stepped out of the secret passageway. There, she saw Zeus with an army of guards.

" ZEUS! " she cried out which caused the god to turn and look at her before she finally collapsed.

Tears finally sprung out of her eyes and she wailed as a newborn, knowing that her family is gone. Zeus hugged her the whole time she cried and whispered sweet nothings into her ear before she finally cried herself to sleep.
*
" We should erase her memories and send her to earth. It's the best choice. " Aphrodite said as she looked towards the girl curled up in Zeus's lap, asleep with tears streaming down her cheeks.

" I know and that's what I plan to do. I'm pretty sure...Lucifer and Lilith are gone and Artemis must have done something to Haru. I'm sure of it. She's not safe here if they plan to do the same thing to her as they did with Haru. " Zeus said softly, gazing down at (Y/N).

" Then, we should start preparing. It's best to do it before she wakes up. Or else she'll resist. " Poseidon rose from his throne and walked out of the throne room followed by other gods and goddesses to prepare sending the daughter of the late King & Queen of Hell, Lucifer and Lilith, to earth for her safety.
*
All of the gods and goddesses were on guard as Zeus, Poseidon and Hades safely sent (Y/N) to the human world with no memories of her life in hell through a portal.

(Y/N) then became the daughter of a newlywed couple with memories implanted to all three of them including the relatives of the couple.

And from then, the story starts...
—————————————————————————
I'm so sorry for the long wait! I had no time to update on February due to tests and all. So, I will be updating a second time this month soon. Probs next next week. Thank you to all my readers who were patient for this chapter! I appreciate it so much! Sorry if this chapter wasn't up to your expectations though. Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Sayonara, minna!

*EDITED*