27. Happiness after the Pain

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING💕💕💕
_________________________

'DELIVERY'. This word, this situation, leads to many feelings when it's talked about in pregnancy context. It leads one to think about pain that a woman has to go through.

"The way to the most beautiful destination is terribly painful." – Pjcutee.

Similarly, A Woman have to bear pain, to get the most precious gift of her life- her Child, whom she nurtures in her womb with her blood for nine months.

Anika was a bit scared but was ready to go through any pain to hold her babies in her hands. But more than her, Shivaay was scared. The thought about Anika going through such pain, gave him goose bumps. Every now and then, Anika catches him lost in his own world, and the reason is Anika's delivery. Anika tells him same thing again and again but he was just stucked there.

Now, Anika being eight and half a month pregnant, only a few days were left for her delivery date. Shivaay never left her alone, even for a second. He was protective about her but Anika didn't like it, not because she don't want him near her but because she wants him not to leave or compromise his work for her.

Today Anika was being different. Usually She starts with her tantrums in the morning itself. When Shivaay used to say that she shouldn't go down for breakfast, she used to say that she wants to have her breakfast with family. But today, She didn't agree to anything but wanted to cuddle more into Shivaay. She didn't even let him go and take bath. Although, Family took good care of her but still, carrying twins isn't easy. It makes the body weak. Whole day passed like this but She didn't move out of the bed, neither she let Shivaay go.

In the evening, when Shivaay saw that she slept, he placed her head on the pillow and made her lay down properly. He went to take a shower. After some time, Anika's expressions started changing, she clutched her belly with one hand and the other hand clutched the bedsheet. She was sweating and breathing heavily. She tried to speak and call Shivaay but she wasn't able to do so. Just in that moment Shivaay came out.

As soon as Shivaay stepped out of the washroom, he saw Anika breathing heavily and crying in pain. She looked towards him but her vision wasn't clear due to the tears. Shivaay came to her and caressed her face to try to calm her down. It didn't take him time to realise that her water broke. He shouted Om and Rudra's name. Listening to his shouts, whole family came and found Anika in that condition. Pinky, Janvi and Dadi came and asked Shivaay to move and let them handle Anika. But Anika didn't let him go away and nodded in a no while shouting and screaming.

Rudra was going to call the ambulance but Gauri stopped him as waiting for ambulance won't do any good. Gauri wasn't able to see Anika in so much pain, nobody was able to. So they decided to take Anika to hospital by car. Shivaay carefully picked Anika up in his arms. Rudra took the driving seat and Om sat beside him in passenger seat.

Shivaay was continously saying soothing words to Anika and caressing her hair. Anika had clutched his hand tightly. Shivaay was behaving complete opposite to what Anika or the family had thought. After seeing Shivaay's concern regarding Anika's labour pain and delivery, they thought he would panick. But, here Shivaay was the one who was handling Anika. He didn't panick, but was calm and composed. Only Shivaay knew how much he was breaking seeing his lady bearing all the pain all alone, but he couldn't do anything except being calm so that Anika remains strong.

Anika was taken inside the delivery ward. Doctors were already informed by Gauri about Anika having labour pains. And not to forget, India's five best doctors were going to conduct Anika's delivery. Anika wanted Shivaay to be with her during the process so Shivaay was with Anika. Everytime Anika shouted, screamed or cried, it gave unbearable pain to Shivaay. Anika had completely squeezed the blood out of his hand by digging her nails in them. Shivaay was constantly wiping the sweat from her face. He kept kissing her forhead, her hair and asked her to be strong as they're going to meet their babies soon. They're going to hold the symbols of their love in their hands. Only he himself knew that it took all his might to not break and to hold himself during that time.