Are you going to tell, Hermione?

___Third Person___

Harry just stared at Sirius' outstretched  hand.

"Wha-what?" he asked weakly after a few minutes silence. 

"Remus, why don't you take the appearance spells off us now? Show them who we really are?" James said nervously.

"Oh, okay." Remus said the counter spell, and the three marauders turned back to their original selves right before the eyes of the thoroughly confused Golden Trio.

"Okay, maybe we should... explain... who we are." James said nervously. He sat down, because while the conversation was taking place, everyone had got out of their seats. They all followed suit. 

"What's going on?" Harry asked after no one said anything for several minutes. The marauders looked at each other, wondering how they should proceed.

"We're... not from this time." Remus said eventually.

"How do you mean?" Hermione asked him. 

"We travelled here from the past. From eighteen years in the past actually. We just were... bored I suppose, and Sirius had found-" Remus started to answer, but he was interrupted by Harry.

"But who are you? What are your names?"

"My name is Remus Lupin."

"My name is Sirius Black, but you know that already."

"And I'm James Potter." The marauders looked at the trio, waiting to see how they'd react.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Harry asked quietly. He was looking at James disbelievingly. "Are you guys trying to be funny?" he asked, looking hurt and a bit angry at the same time.

"No Harry, we're not lying. Sirius found the spell to bring us here, and we decided it would be a great Marauder adventure." James told him.

"How can you prove who you are tough?" Ron asked them. They looked at each other. 

"I don't know... ask us questions maybe? Answers that we would only know if we are who we say we are, which we are..." Sirius said. Everyone looked at him but didn't say anything.

"Okay then. What are the marauders nicknames?" Ron asked.

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs." 

"Which ones which?"

"Remus is Moony, Peter is Wormtail, Sirius is Padfoot and James is Prongs." 

"Do they have any special powers?" 

"Prongs, Padfoot and Wormtail are illegal animaguses." 

"Why?"  James and Sirius looked at Remus, before he answered.

"Because I'm a werewolf and they wanted to help me through my transformations by becoming animals, because werewolves are only a danger to humans." Remus said.

They trio looked at each other. 

"I believe them." They all said at the same time.

"It's a good thing that you do, because we're telling the truth." Sirius said. Everyone ignored him.

"So... you're my dad?" Harry asked James. 

"Yeah... don't worry, it was really weird the first time I saw you as well, I had never really thought of myself having kids..." he said.

"Isn't this going to change the future though-" Ron began, but was interupted by Hermione's loud gasp.

"What?" Harry, James and Sirius asked.

"Harry told you about his past!" she said, looking at the Marauders. "You're going to change the time-line."

"Yeah..." Remus trailed off, not really sure what he could say.

"But isn't it for the best? All the people that died, including me and Lily, and Harry had a really bad life... We can just find another way to get rid of Voldemort." James said.

"There's no guarantee that you would change the past for the better; you could change one insignificant thing, and anyone born after when you get back might end up not existing, Harry, Ron and I included. And if Harry isn't born, Voldemort will get stronger, and many people will die!" Hermione ranted away, making the marauders think about things they hadn't before. She made a valid point.

"Yeah, but we can't do much about it now, 'Mione, they already know everything, and you can hardly expect them to go back and forget everything that's going to happen. And I wouldn't mind growing up with parents..." Harry told her. Ron nodded in agreement, being unusually quiet.

"Harry, I know you'd like to have parents, I'd love for you to have had a happy childhood, but there's too much at stake here, and if we don't play things very carefully, a lot of bad things can happen. And you know Dumledore would be able to perform memory charms on them to make them forget." Hermione said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. He shook it off.

"Are you going to tell, Hermione?" he asked her.

"Well, no. I wouldn't like to be the one to take away your chance at a real family, but I think you should think about this. Think of the consequences." she said after a few minutes thought.

"Okay. I will think about it, but I think you already know what the answer is 'Mione. I'm done thinking about everyone else, for once I'm going to take my own happiness into equation. I'm sure we'll be able to find a way to save everyone without altering the time-line to much. We do have the smartest witch of the age with us." he said and she blushed slightly.

"Okay, Harry. Ron, what do you think?" she asked, turning to look at Ron. "Are you going to tell?" she asked him.

"No, of course not. But I do have something else to add." he said, with an odd look on his face. He looked like he wanted to smile but he wasn't sure.

"And what is that?" asked Hermione.

"The guy you've been going out with for the last few weeks is Harry's 35 year old godfather." he told her. Her eyes widened a fraction and she looked at Sirius. He smiled at her, looking unsure. 

"I never thought about that..." she looked at Harry. He looked between her and Sirius.

"This is really awkward." he agreed.

__________<>__________

A/N ----There ya go, the next chapter... Sorry for the long wait, and for the fact that it's not very good, and it's a little bit of a cliff-hanger, but oh well, at least I uploaded something. There's going to be at least one other book in this series, when this is finished I'll probably take a small break or something, and then start the next one. But there's a good few chapters to go on this book, so that won't be happening for a while. Anyway, hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE and FAN( if you haven't already) xD