The New Marauders

While the other marauders, the twins and the golden trio were talking in the Room of Requirement, Peter sat in the Gryfindor common room by himself in front of the fire. The common room was completely empty, he noted, except for one girl with bright red hair who looked to be around thirteen years of age. She was sitting at one of the tables working on what Peter assumed to be her homework, and she was struggling by the looks of things. He saw her scrunch up the piece of parchment she had been writing on and throw it across the room, before leaning back in her chair and pulling at her hair in frustration. Peter decided that, considering there was no one else in the common room and he had nothing else to do, he would offer her some help with her work. He may not be the brightest wizard ever but this girl couldn't be any older than a third year and he could certainly help her with that. Besides, maybe it would help keep his mind off his own problems for a while.

"Hey, you there. Would you like some help? I saw that you seemed to be struggling with something and thought you might use some." he said, walking up to stand beside her. She looked at him somewhat shyly for a few seconds before nodding and inviting him to sit down beside her.

"Thank you, I could really use the help. Transfiguration just isn't one of my better subjects. My name is Ginny, by the way. Ginny Weasley." the girl stuck out her hand. She must be Ron's sister. I should have known from the hair.

"My name is Logan Griffen." Peter replied, shaking her hand. "So what is it you're working on?" he asked, taking her book and looking at it.

"We're discussing animagi. I'm supposed to write an essay basically including everything I can about animagi and I also have to include how you would go about becoming one and the incantations and it has to be at least two rolls of parchment long." Ginny explained quickly, not pausing to breath at all. She seemed to be getting really stressed about this. Well, I'll certainly be able to help her anyway. She'll get top marks because of me. Peter thought, glad that this happened to be the topic of her essay. What a coincidence. 

"Well, lucky for you, animagi are something that I am a... I guess you could say... expert on. I really enjoyed learning about them in third year so I remember most of what we learned. Don't worry Ginny, we'll have your essay done in no time" he assured her. She smiled up at him and thanked him, and they got to work planning out the essay.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In the Room of Requirements:

"You know what? This group needs a name." Sirius announced, standing up to adress the other people in the room. After Hermione had explained her theory on time travel, everyone had broken off to have different conversations of their own. Now, however, everyone had stopped talking to pay attention to Sirius.

"You mean like how you guys are called the marauders?" Ron asked. Sirius nodded.

"Yes, like that. Well, we still are the marauders, obviously, but now you are all part of our group too. At least for the next year and a half or so." 

James looked thoughtful for a second. 

"Well, how about we just stay the marauders and we can make them honorary marauders for the foreseeable future... past... I don't-" 

"It's okay James, we know what you meant. Don't strain yourself." Remus cut in. James only nodded.

"I think it's a good idea though." Remus continued. "Though we wouldn't be able to let people know we were calling ourselves the marauders. We did enough of that in our time that someone is bound to remember and then realise what had happened. We don't want to expose ourselves."