Harry's life should be a book series. It would make millions.

After learning that Peter had gotten James and Lily killed, the marauders shared a meaningful look, silently agreeing that they would 'talk' to Peter later. They didn't know exactly what would happen, but they all agreed on one thing. Peter Pettigrew was no longer a marauder. They never thought this would happen, ever. They all thought they'd be friends for life, once a marauder, always a marauder. But times change and apparently so do people. They never thought Peter, or any of the others, would ever do this, but Peter had always been the weak one, he was always the one hanging around with those stronger than him, because he thought they could protect him. They figured that they shouldn't have been surprised that Peter had eventually turned to Voldemort as he was gaining power. Remus thought that it was possible that Peter wasn't even bad yet, but he was still angry, which wasn't very common for him. He couldn't stand anyone who betrayed those who trusted them. The three marauders were also wondering what had happened to Sirius and Remus. Harry hadn't mentioned Remus at all, and they were all worried about this. They were all wondering if Harry even knew Remus.

"Wow, I really am sorry Harry, it's terrible that the Peter guy got your parents killed. You must really hate him." Sirius said, finally breaking the silence between them.

"Yes, I do." Harry told him, looking suddenly angry.

"What did Sirius do when he found out your parents were killed?" James asked, hoping to find out what had happened to Sirius and Remus.

"He went after Pettigrew." Harry said. <I'm not surprised> Remus and James thought. 

"He had Pettigrew cornered in a street full of muggles, and was about to kill him, but Pettigrew turned it around. He started shouting out, asking how Sirius could kill James and Lily, their friends. He then said a spell with his wand behind his back and blasted half the street. He cut off his small finger and changed into his animagus form, a rat, and escaped down a drain. His cut finger made it look like he was dead, and that it was Sirius who had killed him, and 12 muggles caught in the blast. Sirius probably didn't really help though, because when the ministry showed up he just stood there, laughing." Harry said the last part with a smile. <That is so like Sirius. I always knew he was crazy.> Remus thought. <Maybe Peter isn't as weak as we thought.>

"He was brought to Azkaban."  Harry told them, looking sad again. 

"What happened to him? Is he still in there?" asked Remus. He thought it was terrible that Sirius was sent to Azkaban for something he didn't do. He looked over at Sirius and knew that Sirius was trying to imagine what it would be like there. He couldn't imagine it, but from what he heard from others who had been there, like James' father, who had been there only once for work and had said it was the worst experience of his life. He'd told James and Sirius that the Dementors that guard the prisoners there are the worst things imaginable. They suck all the happiness out of the place, and make people relive their worst memories. The way he looked, and the way he described it, had scared the two marauders enough to decide that they'd never do anything illegal (In the wizarding world) again. They were already animagi so it was a little late for that. They would still have done it, even if they did know how bad Azkaban was. They would have done it to help their friend.

"He was there for 12 years when he escaped, in his animagus form of a dog." Harry said. <SIRIUS ESCAPED AZKABAN?! > James and Remus thought. The marauders all looked shocked.  <Wow, he must have been the first one to escape Azkaban ever. WOW!!> Sirius looked very pleased with himself.

"OK, maybe you can just continue with they story, I'm sure you'll remember more if you go from year to year." Remus said, being the one to think logically once again.