Chap 2

"I'm going now! I'll be home in a few days!”

I called out to my mother and younger brother, making sure I had everything I needed.

I heard small footsteps run to the front door where I was before a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I looked down to see my brother grinning up at me.

“You're so cool,sis! I can't wait to be an awesome ninja like you someday!”

“Oh,Naruto.” I smiled leaning down to hug him as my mother joined us.

“I really don't like it when your father sends you on missions like this. He should know better than to put him daughter in danger.” She scowled.

“Oh,Mom. You know he's not doing it because he wants to. I know what I signed up for when I accepted the ANBU position. Besides, would he really send me out if he knew I couldn't handle it? Itachi and Kakashi will be with me. I'll be fine.” I smiled at her letting go for Naruto to hug her.

She sighed,wrapping her arms around me.” I know,but please be safe,Mika.

“I will.” I smiled pulling away.

I sent her and Naruto a small way before heading out the door to my fathers office. He smiled at me after I entered.

“I just came to say that I'm heading out.”

“stay safe,Mika.” He said hugging me and kissing my head.

I waved to him before heading toward the gate,seeing Itachi.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Good morning,Mika. Kakashi should be here soon."

"I hope so. I don't want this to take too long."

"Recon mission never do."

I turned to the voice,seeing the silver hair man that I've know all my life.

"Kakashi! It's been a while." I smiled.

"It's good to see you too,Mika. Now then,shall we go?"

I nodded before we all slipped on our masks and headed out.

"Now then,Lord Hokage got word of Orchimaru near the village. Our job is to see if we can find him and figure out what he is up to. We are not to engage unless attacked first." Kakashi explained.

"Got it. Where are we headed?"

"The hidden grass village is where we were told."

"Makes sense that it's the three of us then."

Nothing else was said as we made our way northwest to the edge of the Land of fire. We stopped close to the boarder,removing our masks before we enter a small boarder village.

"See if you can find anything out around here. We'll move on in an hour."

So we did. While Itachi and Kakashi took a more sleathy approach,I walked around speaking with some of the elderly folks. They were always happy to talk to someone and spill whatever they knew.

"No luck. No one around here told me anything useful." I sighed once we met up again.

"Let's get moving."

And so we did, continuing on for the rest of day into two more nearby villages. Unfortunately,it was the same as the first.

"We should rest here and continue in the morning. Lord Hokage said it could take a few days,but if we didn't find anything within five days to return."

I sighed before following Itachi into the inn.

"Hello. Welcome. Will you be staying for the night?"

"Yes."

"I see. Unfortunately,I only have two single rooms available at the moment."

"That's fine. Itachi and I can share,it that's okay with him."

He nodded before we paid and headed to the rooms.

"We should rest. Sounds like this is going to be a five day mission."

"Agreed."

We changed before getting into bed. I curled up next to Itachi as his arm wrapped around me. Most people thought Itachi and I were dating,but we were just that close. Although,I wish we were,I knew It's hi didn't have feeling for me like I did him.

I shook the thoughts before trying my best to fall asleep.