Chap 15

It had been a few months now and nothing was the same.

Tsunade was now the fifth Hokage. Dad was still in a coma. Sasuke and Itachi had left with permission to go train while at the same time gather Intel about a group of rouge ninja called the Akatsuki. Sakura took my advice and was now training under Tsunade in medical justu. Meanwhile,Naruto had also set off with Jiriaya to train as well.

I sighed.

"Mom,you doing okay?" I asked as she pushed her food around.

"I'm fine." She smiled.

"It's okay,Mom. I feel that same. I have a mission with Kakashi today so I'll be gone for a few days. Will you be alright on your own?"

"I'll be okay. Really. I'm the parent,I should be the one worried,not you."

"I can't help it." I smiled,kissing her cheek before going to pack.

"I need you two to go a recon mission. There's been a group of s-ranked missing ninja spotted on the edges of the Land of fire to the west. I need to know who they are and how much of a threat they are. Leave soon. We can't waste time." Lady Tsunade explained.

Kakashi and I nodded before headed off. We moved quickly,only stopping a few times to rest.

It wasnt hard to find the group we were sent to recon. They weren't good at keeping hidden or unseen. Kakashi and I masked our chakra before moving in closer.

The three men were no one really special. I don't do well with names. I only knew they were s-ranked because they were hard to actually catch.  Maybe that's why they didn't care if people knew where they were. From reports I've read they were strong too,but they didn't seem like people Kakashi and I couldn't handle. We nodded to each other before we separated,just in case.

It was a good idea too,since the noticed us shortly after and ran towards Kakashi. I headed after them only to be stopped by three other ones.

"Well,well,well. Aren't we lucky today. This one is pretty." One laughed.

I rolled my eyes before making shadow clones and charging in,kunai in hand. Well,they certainly were stronger than I thought. I had a hard time holding my own. I jumped back before throwing a kunai then using the flying Raijin to get behind one before throwning some shuriken at him that hit. At the same time,my shadow clones got taken down,so the other two turned to me. I jumped up doing handsigns. I threw some kunai before using Gale Palm to send them flying with more force. By the time I hit the ground so did they. Kakashi finally joined back up as I grabbed my weapons. He looked upset.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Let just get back." He said.

I nodded as we headed back,taking our time now. Kakashi was in thought. I looked over at him before he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.

"I'm sorry. Those scum just said some things that got to me. Things they would do to you."

"Hey,it's okay. They're gone now." I smiled.

"Mika,I would like to do something if thats okay."

"What is it?"

"Close your eyes."

I did want he said without hesitation,trusting him. I felt his hand grab my chin and tilt my head up,causing my heat to speed up. The soft pressure of his lips met mine and I kissed back as soon as I felt it. It was over too soon and I opened my eyes as Kakashi pulled away from me.

"Why did you stop?"

"We need to get home. We can pick up from there." He smirked.

Not wanting to wait,I grabbed his hand and got us back in no time.