Chap 11

A week had passed. I practically begged Dad to send me on mission after mission to avoid Kakashi and Itachi.

I still wasn't sure about Itachi. But I was terrified to see Kakashi again after last time. It confused me and made my head hurt.

Unfortunately,Dad didn't have any more missions for me to do for now. So I was stuck in the village. So I stayed home to be unseen.

"Hey, Mom?" I asked as I sat in the counter while she started dinner.

"What is it?"

"Is it possible to have feelings for someone you've know for a long time just come up out of the blue?"

"I don't know. I suppose it would be. Why?"

"I just...I don't know. I'm confused. I don't know if they're actual feelings or not."

"Well,explain the situation more."

"Okay. Well,the other day I was around...this person and we we're sitting really close. We've done this before but I never felt anything. He grabbed my hand,also something we've done before. Well,I just sat there,content before I looked at him and it just felt...different. it scared me. So much to the point I ran away from him and I've been avoiding him. But it's confusing because I still have feeling for Itachi. Well,I think I still do."

"Well,how does this new person make you feel?"

"I've known him for so long. I've always felt safe around me. Everything feels natural with him. Even just being around him without doing or saying anything is enough for me."

"And what do you feel when you think of Itachi?"

"I feel pain and sadness. I thought we would always be there for each other. But he dropped everything so quickly. Even if he's trying to pick up the pieces now,I still feel like I have to stay on my toes about it."

"It sounds to me like the hurt and pain Itachi has caused isn't love anymore. You just miss the way things were, unlike with this new one."

I was quiet for a moment. She was right. I was more upset over not being friends with him more than I was that he was with Yukari.

"You're right. Thanks for helping me clear that up,Mom." I smiled.

"You should go talk to...What was his name again?"

"I never said,but good try,Mom." I smiled,slipping my boots on and heading out.

I walked around aimlessly for a while,sorting out this new information I had about myself.

Even if I did have feelings for Kakashi,did he? Would my parents be okay with that? Would Naruto?

Shaking my head,I soon myself at the usual training grounds and the normal sound of Naruto and Sasuke arguing in my ears.

"Hey,Sakura." I greeted as she sat away from the boys.

"Hi,Mika!"

"I was wondering,do you guys have training tomorrow? I know the Chunin exams are a week away but I thought all of you could us a day to relax and go swimming."

"That's a great idea! Sensei!"

Kakashi hopped down from his branch,smiling.

"That's a good idea. I don't have a problem with it. Why you three go and ask the other teams?"

Sakura hurried off,grabbing the boys before leaving.

"I'm sorry I ran off."

"Hm?"

"I just...I got scared." I muttered looking down.

Kakashi's hand cupped my face,lifting it to look at him.

"You shouldn't be scared of anything with me. No harm will come to you with me."

"Would you like to go with us tomorrow?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. I wasnt ready to talk about that yet.

"I'm not much for swimming but I'll tag along."

"Great! I'll meet you at the gates in the morning. Don't be late!"

------------------

The next morning i waited by the gates. Surprisingly, everyone was on time.

"I figured we'd have to go without you,Kashi." I teased as we walked into the forest,the genin following us.

I led the way into a secluded lake area that I used to go to all the time. No one ever came here.

The boys were in the water in no time,Sakura and Ino following after. Kakashi sat up on a low branch in a nearby tree,reading.

"Hinata?" I asked walking over.

"I'm..o...okay."

"Hey,it's okay to be shy about your body at your age. There's nothing to worry about. No one will judge you." I said with a smile.

She gave me a small smile before she ran off to slip off her pants,not wanting to do so in front of everyone. She came back,taking off her jacket before looking at me. She had nothing to worry about. Not like she was really showing anything anyways wearing a tank top and shorts. I saw Naruto blush a bit in the corner of my eye before turning away from her as she got in the water.

I finally got undressed and hopped in as well,wearing a fitted black crop top and small shorts.

Life was good right now.