19

**** The blonde smiled as she lay her briefcase down on the table. "Hello, Mr. Jameson."

***

Jameson shivered but said nothing. This woman was worse than any Reaper. That smile. She wasn't the sweet little lamb she pretended to be.

***

She sat across from him, her lovely almost angelic face radiated innocence. She pulled a bottle of water from the case and slid it across the table to him.

"I'm Assistant District Attorney Hagatha Lemons. I'm here to take your confession to put it on the record." She smiled again. "You must be thirsty. Have a drink."

***

Kyle was talking with Wolf in the break room. The younger man was showing off his new daughter's baby pictures.

"Tina is exhausted right now. So she's resting, but wanted Tany and Gabriel to see their niece soon as possible."

Kyle grinned and slapped his Deputy on the shoulder, "Congratulations, Wolf. I remember the day my daughter Corrine was born. It's an amazing moment."

"Sheriff!"

Both men turned, "What is it Addie?" Kyle asked the evidence clerk.

Adelaide Benton looked mortified, "You need to get in here now. Wolf call for an ambulance, tell them the prisoner is seizing up and foaming at the mouth!"

She turned and ran back into the interrogation room, with the Sheriff on her heels.

***

Both Addie and Kyle lowered Jameson to the floor and tried to hold him still. They both knew the moment he stopped moving that there was nothing anyone could do.

***

Becca sat at Ash's side his arm wrapped around her. Brett sat across from them and didn't look happy.

"You're here on a job, and protecting my daughter. So..."

Becca broke in then, "Daddy, Ash is a good man. He's doing his best to do his work and keep me safe. You haven't even taken the time to get to know him."

Ash placed a hand on her shoulder, "It's alright, Becca. I understand where he's coming from. I also..."

Trish stepped into the room then, "Agent Park, you have a phone call. Someone named Eagle."

Ash was up and had the phone his ear in less than a minute,

"Talk to me."

The others all watched as his face darkened, "I understand... No. I'll tell him myself."

He hung up and pulled out his phone, "Sasin, I have some bad news."

***

Taec punched the wall so hard Beau and the others could feel the reverberation.

"Ttong!" He yelled.

All eyes turned to Ash, who just shook his head. "You don't want me to translate."