17

**** Taec stood with his arms crossed as Ash packed a duffle.

"This is a bad idea."

Ash sighed, "The team will be watching. Besides, I have no choice. This reporter says she has information on the ring. Even if it is a trap, we have to take the risk."

Becca and Rayne looked at each other. "Ash, Taec's right. This doesn't feel right." Rayne said.

Becca nodded, "You're still healing. Yo..."

Ash placed his hands on her shoulders and smiled, "I've been through worse. This is part of my job, Becca. I'll be wired and have back up. I'm not going in blind. I promise."

Becca bit her lower lip, "If you're going to do this, give me something."

Taec coughed, having already guessed where this was leading. Rayne slapped his arm teasingly, having also picked up on Becca's hint.

Ash looked a little confused, "I feel like I'm missing something."

Becca rolled her eyes, "Really? Are you so thick that I have t..."

Ash sighed in exasperation

Ash sighed in exasperation. He then leaned forward and kissed her.

***

Ash walked through the parking garage carefully taking in all the sights and sounds.

He was geared up and ready in case it was a trap, and the longer he waited the more his suspicion screw

Orchid's voice filled his ear, "I'm getting a bad feeling about this one, boss."

Ash nodded up at one of her cameras, "You're not the only one, Orie."

"Hold up, Ash. There's a black SUV with tented windows coming up the ramp."