16

**** Becca wrapped another child up in a blanket. "Here, sweetie. Is that better?"

The little girl nodded, "Whe...where is my daddy?"

The tears in her little green eyes broke Becca's heart. "I'm sorry, hon. I wish I knew."

All the sudden the four year old jumped up and ran, "Daddy, daddy!"

Becca turned around to find Brick, with Yeou slung over his shoulder in a fireman's carry. Doc his arm in a bloodied make shift sling and splint, and leaning slightly on a young boy. Then bringing up the rear a man dressed all in black.

The little girl ran right up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. To Becca's amazement he lifted her up, and let her hug him, and rest her head on his broad shoulder.

Wren helped Brick to lower Yeou onto the ground and Becca began to wash the blood away. After removing the broken glasses she froze.

"My God..."

Brick knelt down next to her. The Russian placed his hand on her shoulder, "Kotenok, you can't tell anyone what you've seen. Yeou's face must remain in the shadows."

Becca nodded as the tears ran down her cheeks. Becca began to clean the blood away focusing solely on that.

***

Ash opened his eyes and looked around the room, his room. He went to sit up and winced at the jackhammering in his skull.

He sat up on the side of the bed, and waited for the room to stop spinning. On the wall across from him hung a full length mirror. He was shocked to see the blood stained bandage, and pulled it off.

"What happened?" He asked himself allowed.

"You took a nasty blow to the head that's what happened."

He turned to find Becca standing there. It was obvious she'd been crying.

He stood grabbing the headboard for ballance, "Miss Blanton."

Becca stomped over and poked him in his bare chest. "Don't you Miss Blanton me! I know all about this case! First, Yeou gets blown up, then you get hurt! Last night was not my favorite night!"

Ash sat down, "How..."

"I was there, Ash! I helped patch you both up. The kids are fine, by the way. One little girl Katie, as decided Sasin is her new daddy! Dae-sung is at the clinic with his younger sister who just happens to be Sarah."

Ash sighed, "Thank God. Tell me everything that happened."

She did. By the time Becca was done, she was in tears again, pounding his strong chest with her fists.

"I thought you were dead. Do you have any idea how that felt?!"

She fell against him and sobbed. The need to protect her was over whelming, as Ash wrapped her in his strong embrace.

"I'm sorry, Becca. I'm fine now. You did well."

He lifted her chin up so he could meet her cognac gaze, "I'm here, I'm alive. You're safe, the kids are safe, and I'm one step closer to closing this ring."

She nodded,"You really scared me, Ash."

Using his thumb wiped away her tears. Before he could stop himself, he bent down and kissed her on the lips. He thought she would have pulled away, maybe even slapped him. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer.