Chapter14

"no. no.nononononono!!!" hiccup said as he ran towards Astrid's gruesome scene. he picked up her limp body staring into her pretty face wishing her beautiful blue eyes would pop open. no......she can't be gone..... he thought wishing this hadn't happened wishing the twins never took up his time I could have saved her!!!!!!!! he thought silently sobbing into her neck. heather put an arm around him pretending to comfort him. "ahh it's ok Hiccup" she said sounding sympathetic fooling everyone around her. hiccup looked up tears staining his handsome face. "what are we gonna do?" he asked Heather and the twins who had followed them there. "didn't she like that one song 'if I die young' er something ?" tuff asked. hiccup looked at him. "y-yeah she told me once if she did die y-young she wanted to be sent away t-the same w-way" hiccup stuttered "alright then let's do it lets go gather the town's people" ruff said looking solemnly at what appeared to be her dead friend.

and so they gathered the town's people as hiccup and gobber put Astrid in an open casket and prepared her body for the funeral service. Gobber noticed hiccup staring at his friends body. Gobber had put Astrid in a white dress which she wouldn't like but he thought she needed to be in it looking nice. he had also put her weapons all of them which was a lot around her body putting her armour with it. hiccup thought about how this would be the last time for him to see her. it made him want to cry. "it's alright hiccup well get through this" Gobber sighed sadly patting the young Vikings back. Hiccup sighed " I just-" he started to sob "don't know how I can live without her" he said stroking her pale face. " I know son......*sigh* I know"

Heather watched waiting for the men to leave so she can spray more mist in astrid's face to keep her out for a while. So when they did leave heather snuck quietly to astrid's sleeping body. Sprayed the most and left grabbing a lantern to throw into the air (like in rapunzel ) the whole town was going to do it as a tribute to the beautiful astrid Hofferson.

The whole town followed stoick to the beach hiccup and Gobber behind everyone carrying astrid's body.

Everyone parted making a path for them to walk astrid to the water every now and then hearing a "well mid u astrid" or "well never forget u" or " we love you astrid"

Hiccup silently sobbed put her coffin in the water. The town singing 'if I die' young quietly watching her float away letting their lanterns float away with astrid.

Everyone was sad but hiccup was the saddest he wasnt singing he was on his knees watching solemnly as astrid HIS astrid float away from him hiccup sobbed apon hearing the line "send me away with the words of a love song" his eyes widened as he realized he hadn't gotten to say one thing to her.......he stood up tears freely running down his face as he walked to the shore almost steping in the water.he said these words to astrid's what he thought was her lifeless body but It barely came out as a whisper as the town kept singing.

"Astrid Hofferson.......I love you....."