Phase 5

A pain shot up my leg from my foot. I instantly dropped to the floor, reaching down to touch my new wound.

I screamed out.

The bullet went directly through my solid boot, and lodged itself into my flesh on the side of my foot. My hands shook overpoweringly as I examined the damage.

My cries continued as the nurse walked over to my side. From the corner of my eye I could see her slide the gun into a pocket on the side of her stained lab coat.

I rolled myself up to a more comfortable sitting position, and let my cries soften a little.

“Honey, you don’t know pain yet…” She stated sharply.

I kept my shaking hands out in front of me, and forced myself to look away from my bleeding foot. Although the injury seemed deep, it didn’t bleed out as much as what I thought it would.

The nurse stood still and paused a moment before speaking again.

“Come on, Skye…” She started, reaching down to grab a hold on the upper part of my right arm, “It’s time for dessert.”

I only felt the tips of her cold fingers barely even begin to touch me before I snapped.

“NO!” I shouted out. I gathered as much strength as I could, and drove myself up to my feet. I turned sharply towards the nurse, feeling my fists tighten by the second.

“SKYE!” She yelled back at me, standing up straight and forcing her arms up in defense.

But I wouldn’t let her win this time.

“Ugh!” I yelled as I thrust up my left fist towards her. Using surprisingly a good amount of strength, I managed to push my fist past her arms and gave her a powerful blow to the face.

“Fu-” She started to give a response, but her voice trailed off quickly while she stumbled backwards. She had turned her head to the side slightly when I hit her, making me strike her in the right cheek.

She stepped back only two times with each foot before returning her attention to me. She whipped her head around and gave me a look of disbelief, but it quickly faded into one of anger.

“I-” I stuttered out, my still cuffed fists shaking. I suddenly became overpoweringly scared.

“You…” The nurse started before trailing off. She slowly reproached me as I backed myself into the side wall. She continued walking towards me until she actually had me pinned against the wall.

“You don’t ever…” She forced a glaring look at me.

I breathed extremely heavily underneath her, looking downward.

“You don’t ever… touch me,” She finished her statement quickly.

I kept my eyes down, avoiding hers.

“Understand?” She spoke practically through gritted teeth.

I silently bit my lip, closed my eyes, and nodded my head slightly, just enough for her to realize that I actually did nod.

“Good,” She half-spat out under her breaths.

I slowly reopened my eyes, but still kept my head pointed down.

“Come on,” She started again, “It’s time for your next test…”

My heart dropped at the word ‘test’.

“What?” I almost yelled out, snapping my head back up. My wide eyes looked up at her face in an instant.

Her expression remained relaxed and motionless as she swiftly reached out her right hand to take a tight grasp on my left wrist. She tugged at my arm a little, and then backed herself up about two steps.