Phase 4

“Come here,” She said, moving the gun into her free hand. She kept it pointed down, at least for now.

“What are you going to do…?” I asked, now backed up against the far wall.

The alarm sound coming from the camera in the far corner continued.

“I don’t want to hurt you, Skye. Just come here.” She began walking towards me slowly, her heels clicking on the hard floor.

My breaths increasingly got louder.

My feet didn’t move.

“Skye…” She continued, starting to approach me. “Give me your hands.”

I kept my eyes locked on the gun, noticing that her grip on it had suddenly tightened.

My hands didn’t move.

She kept her hand containing the gun by her side, but lifted the other hand, holding the handcuffs, up to the same level as her chest.

“Give me your hands,” She repeated.

I remained frozen in place.

She cautiously brought the gun up to her chest as well, the end of it pointed towards my left shoulder.

I slowly brought my eyes up, noticing she was staring coldly into them.

“Skye…” She trailed off.

My knees started to feel weak, and my arms began to shake.

I still stood still.

Suddenly, keeping her eyes fixed on mine, she snapped her arm holding the gun out to the side. She fully extended it, pointing the gun directly at the wall to the left of me. With one swift movement, her index finger pulled back the trigger, shooting a bullet out at lightning speed.

I inhaled a loud, short breath and made a small gasping sound. I closed my eyes and made tight fists as the bullet bounced off the wall beside us and fell to the floor.

The nurse maintained her pose for a long moment, and then resituated the gun so it was pointing down in front of her. She moved her fingers around on the handcuffs in the other hand, her feet slowly shuffling more closely to me.

I attempted to grab the wall behind me, even though there wasn’t anything to grasp. I pushed myself back as well, and desperately tried to control my breaths.

“Skye…” She muttered out, now within only a few inches of my body that was currently pinned against the wall.

I couldn’t breathe.

With slight caution, she pushed the gun forward and pressed the end sharply into my upper thigh.

Her finger was settled comfortably on the trigger.

“I’m not asking again, Skye.”

I blinked rapidly, my eyes stinging and burning. I looked down and stared directly at the gun.

Her finger slowly began to push down.

I closed my eyes, and thrust my wrists up and in front of her.

I suddenly felt the gun remove itself from me.

The nurse grabbed both of my hands at once, and I reopened my eyes to watch her place each into custody of the handcuffs.

“Good girl,” She spoke softly.

I bit down on my bottom lip, hard.

Using her left hand, she seized my right arm. Meanwhile, her right hand kept an entirely tight grip on the small pistol. She attempted to step forward while holding onto me, but I didn’t cooperate.