Phase 3

“You gave her the wrong fucking one? Which one did you give her!”

“I’m not sure…”

“We actually had a chance this time and, of course, you fucked up…”

“I’m sorry-I-”

“You better fucking hope she wakes up from this one, or else it will be lights out for you, too…”

My eyes flickered open and my fingers twitched almost uncontrollably.

The nurse and doctor were both hovering over me.

“Oh…” I moaned, a stinging sensation starting in my fingertips. I looked around to realize I was still in the same room as before, sitting in the exact same chair.

Only I wasn’t tied down anymore.

“Get her some water. And prepare her for the next phase. Don’t fuck it up again.” The doctor said, staring straight at the nurse on the opposite side of me. He only looked at her a short second before he cocked his head sideways to look down at me. I glared right back.

“Nurse…” His deep, hoarse voice spat out.

“Y-yes?” She answered him quietly.

He backed away from me and approached the door slowly.

“Get her ready,” He commanded sternly, still watching me closely, “NOW!”

“Oh!” The nurse anxiously yelped out. She quickly and nervously began searching the tables by the chair I sat in. As she did so, the doctor took his eyes off of me and turned to open the door in front of him. My own eyes instantly jolted my vision into the hallway behind the doorway. And I immediately noticed that the door at the very opposite end of the hall was open, unlike before. The open doorway led to a different type of area, which was much whiter and cleaner than this one.

I snapped my head sharply to the right, the direction opposite of the frantic nurse. My eyesight desperately searched the table closest to me. I speedily reached out and grabbed the first item I saw: a used shot needle.

The doctor was beginning to walk out the doorway when I shot up onto my feet and sprinted my way towards him. I reached out my right hand when I came within a few inches of him, the needle clutched tightly in it.

“UGH!” I shouted out as I stabbed the fine needle completely in his left shoulder.

“E-” He muttered out, throwing himself back a few steps.

I darted past him and out the doorway, not looking back. My heart pounded and raced as I ran down the long corridor.

“NURSE!” I barely heard the doctor yell out.

I hurriedly made my way to the open door at the end of the hallway, only slowing down once I stepped inside it.

On this new side of the doorway was another extremely long hallway, but this hall ran the different direction compared to the other one. I looked quickly to the left and right of me, seeing nothing but pure white walls and pristinely clean doors.

¨Wha-” I stuttered out, the rest of my words caught in my throat.

“SKYE!” A voice called out sharply from behind me. I turned around snappily and witnessed the nurse bolting towards me.

I could feel my adrenaline pumping through me as I quickly grabbed for the door in front of me, and slammed it shut before she could get to me.

“SKYE!” She repeated from the other side of the windowless door. I suddenly saw the door handle jiggle from the corner of my eye.