04 - Partying

And the bet officially takes off! Thanks for all the comments, you guys. I ALWAYS read them! :)

PS: Noah is in the sidebar.

____________________________

You know that unspoken rule that you can't hookup with someone under a week of breaking up with someone else without getting called a slut? Yeah, well that week was up on Friday and I'm so ready for this party.

Blake avoided school all week. Fine with me. The longer I go without seeing him, the freer I feel. I'm actually happy that we broke up. He was bringing me down. After flirting with guys during these few days, I've kind of gone back to the old Melody. Of course I still wanted to keep my grades up, that was definitely a necessity of the old Melody.

After applying on some makeup, I pulled myself into a dress and heels then styled my hair in artfully done curls before looking in the mirror.

Eh. I've looked better. This only took around thirty minutes.

I heard Noah bringing himself in the house and greeting my niece, Leah loudly. The little girl loved him and he loved her just as much. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse before meeting them downstairs. Immediately Noah stopped talking and took in my appearance, his eyes going from my shoes to my face then repeated the process. Finally his eyes met mine with a very approving smile.

"Auntie Melly!" Leah squealed and attached herself to my legs. "Pretty!"

"Thanks," I smiled down at her and pecked her blond head. "Now go to sleep. It's really late."

She ignored me and ran off to go harass my brothers or something. Noah kept looking at me so I shoved into him as we left the house and went out to his car. I got in myself and slammed the door shut, crossing my arms over my chest, and he came in grinning.

"Quit staring."

"Sorry, but this is the first time since you went out with Gay-Blake that you've actually looked pretty damn hot. It's weird saying that though because you're practically my sister but it's true."

"Blake isn't gay."

"I'm pretty sure the whole time he's been gone this week he hasn't been hooking up with girls."

"So he's been hooking up with guys?"

My idiotic best friend help up both his hands in surrender. "Hey, Mel! Don't judge! Love is love. We're all people. We're all beautiful."

I rolled my eyes and he turned on his car, peeling out of my driveway. "You're ridiculous sometimes, you know that?"

"But you still love me."

"Sure..."

He smiled and drove in silence to Justin's house where the party was going strong. Even from a block away we could hear the pounding music coming from the secluded home. Thank goodness it is in the middle of nowhere. The cops would've already been called if he had close neighbors.

Justin's house was huge. I vaguely remembered coming here sophomore year for a party that his older brother, a senior at the time, had held. It was crazy and probably the best one I've been to. Judging by how many people are at this one, Justin was holding up the family name.

We parked and started the trek up to the secluded house on the top of the hill. Let me tell you, walking up there in heals wasn't very fun. I was about five seconds away from having Noah carry me when we could finally see the house. When we reached the door, it opened as soon as we were about to enter. Justin had a huge grin of his face and a bottle in hand.