MONEY DREAM33.

Zaire finished off her breakfast and wiped her mouth then ensured she was clean and proper for work. She grabbed her jacket and bag and headed to the sitting room where Maro was snoring lightly on the sofa. She laughed when she saw his feet sticking out of the blanket, Maro had borrowed another pair of her thick flurry pink socks, he claimed it helped him sleep better. Last night she'd gone to bed early whilst Maro had stayed up watching TV, she tried to stay up with him because she was enjoying his company but her bed called to her. 

'Big head, breakfast is in the microwave. You're so lucky you've got no lectures.' She kissed him on his face.  

'Maro, I'm off now, I love you!' 

'Mhmm...' Was the mumble she got as a reply. 

'What was that?' Zaire tore the socks from Maro's feet causing him to shriek and hide his toes under the blanket. 

'B*tch, you better dress my toes back up! Now!' He warned with one raging eye open. 

'Pahaaa!' She slapped him with the socks and headed out.  

'I'm keeping 'em!' She heard him shout. She walked onto the main road and placed her eyephones in her ears. Meek Mill's On My Way started to play. 

'Tryna make it to the top from the bottom on my waaaay...' She sang along. She loved Meek Mill, mostly because he was a rapper who spoke about a life she could relate to and he had a real and simple message. She enjoyed listening to him and letting his words, his voice and his world consume her at least if only for the duration of her journey to work. At times she'd listen to him and feel like to was speaking about her or directly to her, it was quite an overwhelming feeling, not many artists made her feel that way. She looked up at the bus times and saw that her bus would be there in 6 minutes. The automatic shuffle switched the song to Better by Bow Wow.  

For Zaire, everyday was a better day. She was alive, living and breathing so she was cool. She was feeling uneasy about a few things and she severely missed her sisters, she had to do something about that and soon but for now, her life was ok.

Evelyn parked on the corner not far from the pharmacy, holding the prescription she'd managed to find at Cory's flat 

'Go and pick it up and be quick about it.' 

'Mum.' Cory shook his head and laughed with his unsmiling face at his mother's words.  

'Sorry, I always forgot the child I gave birth to.' She half-smiled. 'Come on baby, let's go.' She offered Cory her hand and he took it. Evelyn looked into her son's eyes. 'Cory it will get better.' 

Cory just nodded his head and climbed out of the car.

True Religions on, and Pradas on his feets. He looked so hood, as usual. Zaire looked up, quite grateful that her bus was due. She observed his head full of curls. He needed a cut, she almost sniggered as fond memories flooded into her head. The tattoo. The scar. The way his bottom lip dropped slightly, so succulent, she wanted to slap him for enticing her. She was taken aback when she saw Evelyn appear. She watched as Evelyn hurried into the pharmacy, muttering to Cory. He flung his hood onto his head but she could still see his eyes. 

She watched him watch her. 

He watched her watch him.  

Cory wouldn't allow himself to take his eyes away from her. Her big eyes always looked like they were analysing him. Her hair was packed tightly in a low ponytail, a parting in the center made her look so sofisticated. Jacket with a fur collar, large DKNY bag, her laced up brogues. Cory nodded in approval, Zaire was unresponsive. Her full lips were closed but you could tell she had an overbite. Cory stood outside the pharmacy, watching her as she climbed onto the bus, tapped her oyster and sat down at the back of the lower deck. He watched the bus drive away and leave, much like he had driven Zaire away. He headed into the pharmacy feeling regretful.