MONEY DREAM18.

"Do you think you're invincible?"

"Nah. I know I am."

Zaire laughed.

"You're an idiot. Don't you love your life? For real, Cory...there's living on the edge and then there's you. Like wow. It truly scares me, why do you act like you have nothing to live for, nothing to lose? At least... think of your mum when you're going on a mad one."

"Suck my d*ck Zai, I'm sure that's what you really came here for." She could see Cory looking right at her.

"No thanks, I'd rather superglue it to your stomach and then fry your ball sacks in chicken fat." Cory laughed with his unsmiling face.

"Try it short sh*t."

"Knob." She just smiled.

"Stunter." The look on Cory's face intensified as he stared at Zaire, his eyes willed her to speak to him, but he'd never push her because he knew how it felt he'd been in her position many times before.

Zaire stared at the wall but knew that he was watching her; Cory kissed his teeth and got up after a while.

"The way you see the world will always affect your decisions." He sat on his leather stool and lifted the lid of the keys on his baby grand piano once more. "You don't wanna hold all that sh*t in, trust me..."

Zaire heard him and actually listened to his words, she always took his words to heart. She sat back on his bed and lay there facing the ceiling. Whenever Cory started playing it automatically made her close her eyes. And then she left reality and so did he. To a place where everything was simpler, happier times, to him it was a place where everything appeared so real. But it couldn't be...dad was always there, mum was happy, Leonie was as annoying as ever. The notes strung together beautifully on the piano showed him something that was still possible, his mother not having to run away. A place where she could be with him and together they could heal one another's wounds.

The music stimulated her senses and overwhelmed her.

This way Cory shrugged off her walls and allowed her to ease up. He knew how she functioned how she worked; perhaps better than himself, Zaire was as much a part of Cory as his own beating heart.

Zaire turned towards where Cory was sitting.

"Cory...what are you afraid of?"

"Me?" His bass tone seeped into her ear drums; Cory stopped playing his piano and turned to face Zaire. "I don't fear. The meaning of being afraid doesn't lie within the bounds of my world or my existence."

Zaire rolled her eyes.