MONEY DREAM20.

Rio stood near the door with Keanu in his arms, watching his mother and Rafiah talking intently and completely leaving him out. Rafiah had insisted on helping to make dinner while his mother shoved the dirty dishes into the dish washer.

"I'm not going to lie I was disappointed that the both of you were becoming parents at such a young age but I've realised that there's no age for become parents as you're both very mature and know what you want out of life. You're a very strong young women. I will surely help you in everyway that I can. You're amazing parents already; to be honest...I think this is... what Rio needed."

"Ayy, I'm standing right here you know!"

"I know." His mother winked, and Rafiah just chuckled.

"Aunty, I mean Alexis I'm so grateful that you've let us stay with you. Are you sure it's ok though?"

'Mum, tell her!"

"Darling, please do stay, its fine, a pleasure in fact. I'd rather you were here with your new family; we have more than enough room. And you need all the support you can get at the moment. I want to help speak to your family..."

"No!" Rafiah's whole body tensed. "Please don't...just don't. It's ok..." Rio's mother didn't say anything; she just nodded her head in understanding and gave her a small smile.

"Why Raf, man?" Rio frowned.

"Excuse me Alexis..." Rafiah kept her head down and walked over to the sink to wash her hands. After drying them, she walked towards Rio, biting down hard on her lip as if to stop herself from crying. She looked everywhere but Rio's face, nevertheless his scent and his close presence embraced her lovingly. Rafiah shrugged off the feeling and took her son from his arms. Keanu was gurgling and shaking his fists. Rafiah closed her eyes and held him close, Rio watched as she exhaled deeply, it was like she needed to hold Keanu close in order to let all her stress and trouble drain from her.

Rafiah still refused to look at Rio even though she felt his gaze lay heavily upon her. He watched her hands tremble as she tried to position Keanu differently in her arms. Rio could see she was holding back tears.

She could feel him openly scrutinizing her and she didn't like it so she walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Raf! Rafiah!" Rio followed behind calling her. She was upset and it pissed him the f*ck off. He hated when his girl was unhappy.

"Rio...I'm fine before you ask..." She turned around abruptly. "I'm gonna to be ok, I just wanted to be alone and plus your son needs a change he's smelling funky." Rio stood there looking at her for the longest time.

"Except, you're not ok are you...I know you Rafiah, I do." He smirked to make the situation less discomforting for her but instead it hurt him to see her distressed. Rafiah looked away from him, she kissed her teeth, her chest rose and she bit down on her lip again. She looked like she was holding back from saying something, then she closed her eyes and held her fingers at the bridge of her nose.

"Come here..." Rio stepped right in front of her and held her best he could with their son between them. He kissed her forehead from above and offered her a smile.

"You remind so much of Zaire - a strong young woman. We're gonna be just fine. You're gonna be ok, baby. I'm gonna make everything right, ok? Now, go lie down or something. Go rest, I'll change him." He carefully took Keanu from her. "Oh sh*t, you're right." Rio pulled a face after smelling his son.

"Oi, don't swear!" Rafiah hit him, laughing. "Such a hoodrat!"

"Hey hey hey! I resent that. Sexy hoodrat, babe."