MONEY DREAM57.

Rafiah felt like gagging again, she was still in intense pain. She felt paralysed on the hospital bed, she wanted to cry, she wanted her son, and she wanted Rio. But then part of her didn't even want to lay her eyes on him again. She could have lost her child, her life, her everything; all because of him and his stupid friends and the trouble that their lifestyle bought. Her chest pained her even more because she knew this had to be the end of it all. The paramedics had called her parents but Rafiah really didn't want them here. She'd been pretending to be asleep because she didn't want to have to face them, they made her sick. In her view, they had betrayed her; shown no love or remorse after disowning her, so why where they here now that she'd almost lost her life? Wasn't she dead to them anyway? Bullsh*t people.

She heard her mother comment as they watched the news about there being two shootings in one day and the possibility of them being related. Rafiah still couldn't believe this had actually happened she wanted to be sick immediately. She felt light headed, someone had tried to kill them, and they had taken Dylan's life. It was all too much.

She finally sat up using her free hand to support herself, her other hand was in a sling and bandage. Her parents immediately faced her and started speaking. Rafiah automatically zoned out. All of this was all too overwhelming. She kept thinking about Rio, he must have been heartbroken she knew he needed her right now but she couldn't be there for him. He was the one person who she could rely on but she knew Rio loved her no matter what and that trust was rare. Rafiah kept thinking about how this was still his fault and part of her despised that Rio lived like this because he could have been mourning more than one person by now. She started crying like a baby.

'Rafiah?' Her mother whispered soothingly, walking towards her. But she didn't need these people back in her life; she had gone through the hardest parts of her life without them, the struggle of motherhood with no support- only their united hate. Her mother saw the look in her eyes and bean to tear up and beg for her forgiveness. Asking how she was. Rafiah knew her mother had never wanted to send her away but she always complied with her father and she lived to regret it. Rafiah blamed her mum the most because she felt like she should have fought for her. This moment was opening fresh wounds, Rafiah tried to fight it but couldn't help but break down.

'Please leave...' Was all she could muster through the tears. 'Please just get out of here I can't do this right now.' Her father left some money on the table beside her, kissed her head and kept his forehead pressed on hers for a few moments. Rafiah exhaled deeply. Then he stood out the door ready to go, her mother continued to plead. Rafiah turned her head to the other side rejecting her apologies and begged her to get out.

She wanted her son, she needed to have Keanu, and she didn't think she'd stop crying until she had him with her.

'Baby, it's going to be ok...just listen to the lady ok...' Zaire smiled at Maro the best she could. She tried her best to hide the grave expression that was really behind the smile. He squeeze her hand with all his might, he tried to speak but all the happened was more tears feel down his face. Then she was pushed to the edge of the ambulance van when his heart rate started to decrease. His blood all over her.

His blood all over her.

Staining her clothes and skin. Very befitting, because she was the cause of it all. If they hadn't met Maro wouldn't be fighting for his life. True sadness overcame Zaire, now all she could do was pray.

They'd cut al his clothes off him, he was in nothing but his boxers. Everywhere she looked his blood was smeared.

'I don't want to lose him.' She looked to the sky as she climbed out of the ambulance; his friends had followed in the car behind with his mother, sister and other brother too. They rushed him straight into the operating room, so all they could do was wait and pray.