Part 2 - Chapter Forty-Nine

"Pin it up in a low bun. Let the neckline show."

I look to Dean in the mirror as he instructs Sergio, the hairstylist, how he wants my hair for this evening. I never knew Dean was so knowledgable about fashion and all the right ways to style a woman. I've always never heard him talk like this which makes it rather unusual. And uncomfortable.

Sergio begins to come through my hair. "The hair is lovely. So healthy." His this French accent says.

I smile nervously at him and then look back to Dean. I've never had someone this professional style my hair. Much less go to a function that i'll be attending tonight.

"Dean, privacy?" I ask, scooting him out. 

It takes Sergio almost three hours to style my hair. He washes it, blow dries it, and spends the majority of the time running a curling iron through it and pinning it precisely, letting a few strands loose by my ears. This is the first time i've liked my hair in a bun. I've always felt that I didn't have the face for a bun look but because this is a loose and low bun, I like it, and can't wait to see it with makeup.

Sergio also does my makeup which takes him another solid forty five minutes to do. He gives my eyes a glamorous smoky look with a mixture of cream and dark colors and then applies a thin line of eyeliner around my top and bottom eyelids. I have to admit, I look pretty hot. This is the most "dolled up" i've ever been and even though I feel beautiful, I also feel sexy. The feeling is quite empowering.

I sit in the chair facing the mirror that i've been planted in for nearly half the day while Sergio worked his magic. When he's done, Sergio steps away and watches me, stroking the dark goatee that matches his short hair. Sergio has hazelnut colored skin and looks like he keeps the same gym routine as Dean. His eyes are a beautiful shade of green and the golden colors of the zig zag pattern on his shirt really makes them pop.

"You look magnificent, Claire. This is my best work yet."

I beam at Sergio's words, not trying to boost my confidence even more. "Thank you. You did a fantastic job. This is really all you."

"Now the dress. Are you ready, Miss Claire?"

The mystery dress. The dress that's been hanging in Dean's closet that I have not seen yet. I have no idea what color is it or what it even looks like, but I trust Dean's choice. Each second leading up to the reveal makes me more anxious.

I follow Sergio into the bedroom and briefly wonder where Dean is getting ready. That thought quickly vanishes from my head and when Sergio starts to unzip the protective bag over the dress. When he pulls the dress out of the bag, I gasp. And my mouth drops.

The dress is firetruck red with off the shoulder sleeves. It's a form fitting, trumpet shape dress with a V neckline and a small train in the back. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Sergio hands it out to me and says, "Here. I will let you slide it on and I zip it up."

I'm too scared to take it out of his hands but I do, still shocked that this expensive dress is mine for the night. I've never seen a dress this beautiful much less picture me wearing something like this.

I slide off my robe before putting on the dress, careful to not ruin my hair and makeup, and I look at myself in the mirror. I spin and turn in every angle, soaking in the way I look and I feel my confidence shooting up. I don't even recognize myself right now.

The bedroom door opens. 

"You don't have to zip me, Sergio. There was no z--"

I turn around to face Sergio and find Dean staring at me. The sight of him knocks the wind out of me. He's standing cooly with his hands in his pockets and a black tie laying by the sides of his neck, admiration clearly in his eyes. All he's missing is his coat and the buttons on his white button up are begging for me to undo them.