Chapter Five

I stare at Professor Underwood for the whole class hour.

Every now and then when his eyes meet mine, I look away fast. I can tell my cheeks are red due to how hot they feel. He's insanely beautiful. And sexy, and gorgeous, and... ugh, stop thinking like this!

"That's all for class today, i'm going to let you go early. Start reading Pride and Prejudice and be ready to begin our class discussion on Wednesday."

Students in the room start to file out of their seats but I slowly gather my things to linger around some.

"Want to study together?" Collin asks. Collin. I forgot he was sitting beside me!

I turn around to look at him, a big, hopeful smile is spread across his lips. My eyes quickly glance in the direction of Professor Underwood at the podium who is gathering his papers together. His attention is no where on me and oddly, I find that disappointing.

"Um," I say, standing up to slide my book bag onto my shoulders. "Sure. That sounds great."

Collin beams. "Awesome. I have a few things to do tonight so will tomorrow work? Dinner and homework?"

Wait, is this a... date?

I want to turn around to see if Professor Underwood is listening since we're the only two students left in the room. I don't know why I want to see if he's bothered by this. We only had a brief encounter in the hallway and it was by no mean flirtatious.

Collin starts to shift uncomfortably on his feet at my silence. Collin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to appear nervous when asking out a girl and I find him in this state as adorable. 

"Dinner and homework sounds like fun." I say with a genuine smile. I need to forget all of the little feelings I have about Professor Underwood. He's my professor.

Collin beams again and when I see his boyish smile I found cute at the party on Friday, I get butterflies in my stomach again and smile back, actually growing some excitement for our time we get to spend together tomorrow.

"It's a date. I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow night. Bye, Claire."

Collin smiles at me before leaving and i'm left standing in the classroom. Forgetting all about Professor Underwood, he clears his throat and it makes me jump. I turn around to look at him and his eyes are looking down at his phone in his hands.

"If you don't mind me interrupting your little plans, I have another class that starts in three minutes." He says flatly.

I gape my mouth at him and my skin starts to feel hot. I'm a little embarrassed at his rude remark and rude tone he just used on me. Student for his next class start to walk in the room and I urge my feet to move, leaving the room and Professor Underwood behind. It makes sense now. Gorgeous man equals terrible, cocky attitude.

It's whatever, I have my date with Collin tomorrow to look forward to.