Chapter Twenty-Two

I make it a point after dinner to text Dean and tell him that I got home safely. When I get up from the table and start to walk to the spiral staircase, I pull out my phone and gasp. I have seven missed text messages from Dean, all of which are not happy.

Dean: "Did you make it back safely?"
             "Did you make it back safely?"
             "Claire?"
             "Do I need to make a trip up to Santa Rosa myself?"
             "I swear, Claire. If you don't answer me..."
             "If that Jonathan pick even thinks about touching you..."

             "That's it. I'm getting in my car."

I freak out after reading the last message and type a quick response. Luckily, it was sent a minute ago.

Me: I'm alive! I'm sorry, got caught up in family things.

Right after I press send, my phone lights up from an incoming call... from Dean!

My body freezes and starts to feel hot. I stop in place and briefly look back to see if anyone is behind me while I answer the call.

"Hello?" I ask in question as I skip up the steps fast and to my room. Our house is so big, I try to hurry to get to my room at the end of the hall and shut the door behind me.

"Where the hell have you been?" his voice sounds so on edge. It's almost like i'm being drilled by a parent.

"I told you I got caught up in family things." I say, turning on the tv in my room as background noise incase someone walks by my room. I can play it off like Dean's a guy from school but the second my parents or anyone finds out about him, the second the never ending questions start to come.

I hear Dean sigh out of frustration and I plop down on my oversized queen bed. My bed is so comfortable. It feels like i'm laying on a cloud of feathers and leaving it behind for college deeply saddened me. I haven't slept as good as I do on this bed.

"For two hours?" He asks in disbelief. Has it really been two hours since i've been home? I glance at the time on my phone and briefly calculate how long it's been since i've arrived. Sure enough, it's been two hours.

"My mom grabbed me the second I stepped out of the Jeep. I've been with her and my dad ever since." I don't know why I feel the need to explain, my business is my business, but for some reason, i'm explaining myself as some sort of justification and like i'm trying to please him. 

"You still could have sneaked a text in there somewhere. At least one to calm my nerves."

I smirk at him even though he can't see me. "So you were worried about me?" I ask in a minor seductive way. I hear him shift through the phone. "Yes I was." he boldly admits, no shame in his voice. This peaks my interest and I get in a playful mood. As i'm laying on my side, I look at the space beside me and wish Dean was there laying beside me, touching me.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask, keeping my seductive tone.

"Very mad."

"Do you want to punish me?" do you want to punish me? Where the hell did that come from?

I hear him take a sharp intake of breath. "Yes I do. If you were here, that pretty little ass of yours would be red."

I'm an instant puddle.

This makes my stomach turn in a delicious way and I squirm a little on the bed. "What else do you want to do to me?" I ask, dying to hear. Just imagining the thought of what he's going to say drives me insane and makes me ache between my legs.

"I want to bend you over my bed and fuck you senseless." 

Oh. My.

I moan slightly into the phone and roll over onto my back, desperately needing the feel of his hands on me. I feel like a wound up toy begging to explode, I just need the right touch... Dean's touch.