Chapter Seven

My Tuesday classes fly by. I only have two, fifty minute classes that start at nine so i'm done shortly before eleven.

I stop by the cafeteria to get a salad before coming back to the room. Since all of my classes have been just going over the syllabus, I relax by eating my lunch and catching up on episodes of Scandal I started on Netflix. Jessica is gone by the time I get back and she doesn't return until sometime before two.

We go into town when she gets back to get our nails done at the nail salon and while we're there, we talk about our lives and get to know each other more. Jessica tells me she's undecided about her major but thinking about doing something in business. She tells me that she's always wanted to own her own clothing store or makeup line which is something I can definitely see her doing. Jessica is all into fashion and beauty stuff so it makes perfect sense.

After the nail salon, we come back to our room and I take another quick shower. Jessica curls my hair after I dry it and then I put on the outfit we went shopping for last night. She picked out a beige and white striped dress with brown sandals and a silver necklace. Once i'm dressed, Jessica applies my makeup to give it a soft, natural look and i'm ready to go.

Observing myself in the mirror, I'm astonished at how good she made me look, outfit and all.

"You look so pretty! I feel like i'm sending my baby on her first date!" Jessica jokes. I smile at her and open my mouth to tell her thank you but my phone ringer goes off. I have a text message from an unsaved number but once I read the message, I see it's from Collin. He tells me that he's waiting outside my dorm and I start to get really nervous.

"He's here." I say to Jessica with a shaky breath. She puts her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

"Relax. Breathe. It's going to be fun. I can't wait to hear all about it."

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before grabbing my purse and walking out. This is my first date and I have no idea what to expect. I've heard my friends talk about dates they've been on and watched the movies but experiencing one for myself is nerve racking. 

My legs feel like jello the whole time I walk to the exit of the dorm and when I see Collin standing against the passenger side of his BMW, my nerves increase. He smiles at me the whole time I walk up to him and I smile back. Even though i'm nervous as hell right now, i'm also very excited. When I make it to his car, Collin hands me a small bouquet of flowers he was handing behind his back.

"These are for you," he says with a smile, handing me the flowers. "You look very beautiful." 

I blush and take the flowers, smiling back at him. "Thank you, that was very sweet of you." I take a moment to look at his appearance too. He's wearing a white button up tucked into his khaki's and brown loafers. He looks so well groomed and clean, it's attractive. 

"You look very handsome." I tell him, earning a smile from Collin. He steps to the side and opens my car door. I climb in and the smell of a new car greets my nose. When he opens his door and sits in his seat, he turns to me with a smile. "Ready?" he asks.

"Ready."