(31) To protect you.

Chapter 31- To protect you.

Even without much organising and advertising, many people still came to help. Infact, it was almost becoming a popular thing.

Everyone respected Bill and Mary, whether they knew them or not. Most of the pupils who went to school didn't know who Bill an Mary were, but some of their parents did. Each parent had something to say about them and most adults had a few stories to tell.

The first band set up, and soon, they started singing and making music. They were good, I had to admit.

People were enjoying themselves, especially Jordan. Bouncing to the music and singing whenever she could, I wondered how I survived without her all these years.

"Jordan?" I got her attention. Her blue eyes flickered to mine.

"Yeah?" She asked as she came closer to me.

"I've missed you," I stated truthfully. Jordan smiled and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I've missed you too, Callum," she replied as she called me by my childhood name.

"Shut up," I pouted. She laughed. "I thought we stopped that,"

"Of course not, why would we stop a tradition? You don't see anyone stopping Christmas," I looked to her as she shrugged smugly.

"Fair point, Jordan, fair point,"

"I was always right," she winked my way. I rolled my eyes. It was true, she was always right, but like she always says 'I can't be wrong because I don't question anything if I know I'm going to be wrong,' and I admired her everyday since then.

Kyle's body suddenly came over to us soon after. I welcomed his scent and his presence behind me.

"You girls okay?" He asked as he towered over the both of us. He looked extra sexy standing underneath the different coloured lights. I could look at him all day.

"Good thanks," Jordan replied as she looked across the crowd from behind stage.

"And you?" He asked as he tapped me on the nose. I scrunched up my nose.

"I'm great thanks," I beamed up to him. He smiled.

"Hopefully we're now just half way there to accomplishing what we need to," I loved how he was so caring and kind. I loved being beside him, I wanted to be beside him.

"Hopefully," I encountered. "Do you think it will turn out okay?"

"Course," Kyle replied. "I have no doubt in the school backing us and I definitely have no doubts about us," both of us knew that deep down, even if we got the money to save Mary's life, what's the chances of the operation working?

We hoped to God everything worked out the way it should. We hoped we could accomplish this and give Bill and Mary the rest of their lives to share without it having to end so soon.

Kyle laid his head on to my shoulder as we stood there listening to the music everyone was enjoying. Even my father was tapping his foot to the beat of the music. I was happy he was having fun.

A boy I had never seen before came up to Kyle and I to tap Kyle on the shoulder. He whispered something in his ear and Kyle nodded.

"I'll be back soon," was his statement, he looked almost regretful as if he didn't want to go. As if he didn't want to ruin the moment we found ourselves in. I nodded my head and smiled in his direction for reassurance.

When he was gone, I went over to sit next to my father. He looked delighted and proud. When I made my way over to him, he took me into his arms.

"Hey, superstar," my father greeted as soon as I was in his embrace.