(49) Happiness

Chapter 49- Happiness.

Kyle's point of view.

My eyes cracked open groggily as the light came in through the window.

I groaned as I moved to the side, my back was cracking and my body felt as stiff as a board.

My body felt ruined, I well and truly felt like shit.

The first thought in my mind was Cali and I groaned again as I squeezed my eyes shut. The strong feeling of guilt only worsened the sinking of my heart.

Suddenly, a knock resonated throughout the car and I shot up almost knocking my head against the steering wheel.

"Sorry to bother you, mate, but are you alright?" A man with dark hair and stubble on his chin stood outside of the car looking in. I looked at him sleepily. "Wife troubles?" He asked as he bent forward to look in. I nodded my head but I didn't say a word. Wife troubles, indeed.

"It's alright, mate, go and sort it out, I know what it's like to sleep in the car all night, I pray for all the men out there," he looked to me with a small smile playing on his lips and my lips tugged up into a smile too. My girl was a fiesty one, God love her.

"Cheers, mate," I replied. He left after a couple of seconds and I got my stiff body out of the car, just about.

I breathed in the cold morning air as I shivered in my jacket. Shit it was cold. But I had to see Cali, I hated sleeping out here all night without her. I couldn't sleep knowing she wasn't there.

I pulled myself to the hotel and went up to the second floor. As I stood outside the room, my heart started beating faster. I just didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to say she loved me and take me into her arms or something. Anything but this arguing. I hated it with a passion.

I knew what I did last night, after being with Casey for so long, I shouted at Cali for being with a man who was actually gay anyway. I couldn't do that to her, it just wasn't fair. I was so angry at the time, nobody steals what is mine. I was furious. Over nothing.

I felt like a right dick. She's my wife I should be treating her like one. I had some great making up to do, and I was going to work my balls off for her. I didn't think it would take too long. Hopefully.

I knocked on the door after doing some breathing techniques which to point out didn't really work. I still felt nervous.

Why was I feeling nervous? She was my wife.

I knocked on the door more forcefully. I wanted to see her. I heard movement inside the room and soon, the door opened with a creak.

"Cali-"

"What?" She rubbed her eyes groggily and my heart still beated faster when I saw her, even when her hair was a mess and the mascara half way down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I am, please forgive me now, I don't want us to fight," I said as I made my way into the room. I didn't care if she was still angry anymore, we were going to make up whether she felt like she wanted to or not.

Cali looked to me with bewilderment and I was sure she was still waking up.

"Kyle-"

"No, we're going to make up because I don't want to sleep alone again," I hated it. I really did. Cali sighed as she wiped her face with her hands.

"It wasn't pleasant," she huffed again as she looked to me, her bold eyes looking up to mine. She looked like a lost puppy and it hurt more than it should.