(6) Smile for me.

Chapter 6- Smile for me.

"Cali!" My mother screeched. "Cali!"

"What?" I snapped while jumping from my bed. "What do you want?" I asked, annoyed. I was just thinking about Kyle and his words, I didn't know why.

Her hands laid on her hips while she pursed her lips.

"You're so very rude, Cali. Can't you be more like your sister?"

"A whore?" I sneered. Her eyes turned to anger. I knew bad mouthing Tammy would hurt my mother the most, after all, she was her little girl. Unlike me.

"That's enough!" She shouted. I laughed in her face. "What has gotten into you?"

"Not a dick, Tammy's answer will be different though," I replied. My mother shook her head before stomping back into the kitchen. I followed after her.

She turned abruptly to face me, Tammy came through the doors to sit onto the chair.

"You're so disrespectful to your sister!" She yelled in my face, her anger coming back. Tammy looked at me with accusing eyes.

"What has she told you?"

"She's being ever so nasty to you, Tammy, ever so nasty," she faked a saddened look. I scoffed.

"For Christ sake," I muttered under my breath.

"You're such a bitch!" Tammy screeched. My mother nodded her head.

"You shouldn't be in this family, you're a disgrace, an embarrassment!" She sneered.

"I'm an embarrassment?" I asked while pointing to myself. "Do you know your precious little daughter whores herself about? Do you know your daughter is the biggest slut this town has ever had. Do you even know that she fucked your best friend's husband?" I screamed in anger.

I hadn't mean to said that, it was one of Tammy's most hidden secrets, she didn't even know I knew. I instantly regretted what I had said.

Suddenly a hand came to my face. It wasn't Tammy's, it was my mothers. My face snapped to the side, hurting my neck in the process. My cheek stung. Tears came to my eyes.

"You deserved that, you little bitch," she said while nursing her hand. Tammy had her head on the table as she fake sobbed.

"Fuck you, you're the biggest bitch I know. You're not my mother, you're dead to me," I let out with so much anger and hatred falling from my mouth. "And Tammy was always dead to me, you have no idea who she is, and you call yourself a mother?" I scoffed.

I turned around and left them. The tears falling from my eyes. I had to leave, I couldn't stay here. I ran out from the house and made my way to Kyle's house without even a second thought.

I needed somebody, and the only person I could go to right now was Kyle's. Why? I don't know. I just knew he could distract me, he did with his demanding and annoying ways.

As soon as he opened the door, I ran into his arms.

I hated to show him my vulnerability, but now I was too weak to care.

"Woah, what's the matter?" He croaked as he began stroking my hair. I sobbed into his black shirt, I sobbed until my eyes were raw.

He pulled me back to take a look at my face and my body, checking if I had been hurt. His eyes turned dark with anger, he must have seen the hand mark on my cheek.

"What did this bastard do to you?" He bit. I shook my head. He wiped my tears as I hiccuped.

"It was my mother," I started crying again. I told him everything. Every single thing.

"And she slapped me, she called me a bitch and slapped me. I told her she was dead to me." I sobbed. "I hate her, I despise her!" I yelled as I fell into his arms again.

He cooed me, rocked me back and forth as I continued to cry. I had had enough of crying, I didn't want this.

"I'm so sorry," I sniffed. "I didn't mean to burden you with my luggage,"

"Don't be so stupid," Kyle wrapped his arms around shoulders. "I'm here for you," he soothed. I nodded my head.

"I don't know what to do,"

"I am so angry I would go to your house and tell her what I think," his body was shaking. I tried to calm him down.

"Don't do anything," I whispered. He sighed.

"Fine,"

"Thank you," I took a step back and looked into his eyes. He had the most beautiful eyes.

"Please smile for me. I don't want to see you upset, you're breaking my heart," he frowned. I gave him a small smile, hoping to reassure him.

Yet the statement suprised me. I knew he was only trying to make me happy.

"I'm fine, I promise," yet I didn't know if I was telling the truth.

She was supposed to be my mother, she gave birth to me, I'm her daughter yet she treats me like a piece of shit on the floor. I couldn't go through this again. She was an evil, manipulating woman, and I hated her. I shouldn't, and I couldn't say it, but I did.

"How about a hot chocolate?" He asked softly. "I make the best hot chocolate there is, it'll for sure make you feel better," he smiled. I smiled and nodded my head.

He picked my up into his strong arms, and this time I didn't kick up a fuss. I was too exhausted, and I enjoyed Kyle's company too much.

He was actually being sweet. He was actually being a gentleman right now. Maybe I did underestimate him.

He sat me onto the kitchen island, my legs swinging off the edge. I watched him move, his biceps buldging whenever he moved. He reached up into the cupboards, his lower belly on show.

"Here you go," he said as he placed the hot chocolate by the side of me. I brought the cup to my lips and sighed in Satisfaction.

"This is great," I moaned. He chuckled.

"I know," I moaned again as I took another sip. "I wish you wouldn't moan, Cali, " he told me. I looked at him dead panned.

"Sorry," I laughed.

Once I had finished my cup, he picked me up again.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"My room, you're staying the night,"

"But-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer. You will be staying, I will not allow you to go back home with your mother, I will not allow it," he replied sternly. I sighed.

"Fine," it's not as if I wanted to go home anyway.

"Good," he said. He chucked me onto the bed as I giggled. He sighed. He then chucked a top and some boxers at me.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Take a shower," he demanded.

"Always demanding," I replied playfully. He smiled.

"Always,"