Chapter 10: Truth

We reached the Guild's secret basement, silence and tension palpable in the air. She held his hand tight. Laxus feeling something is about to happen tugged me closer and protectively  to his side.

"I'm here."

"I know."

We went inside the basement and saw the Master sitting quietly in front of a prison cell. He turn to us when he heard us coming, smiling in relief when he saw us. She approached the Master smile in her face. "Welcome back, Master."

Master smiled at us, "Good to see you, Mira." he look over his grandson, "You too Laxus. I assume you still don't remember me?"

Laxus look at the small old man and nod lightly, "Yes. I'm sorry err grandpa." The master grinned in amusement.

"It's nice to see you showing kindness to me huh, brat?" He rubbed his finger to his nose, "I'm contemplating if I should retrieve your memory back to being a rascal."

"I don't mind if you don't."

"Sadly you have to." Master said getting serious, "You still need to explain about her." He glanced the prison cell. We both turned to look and was met with a woman sitting calmly in the bed. She is attractive granted but, the woman has this air of wickedness and arrogance as she turned to us haughtily. Her eyes wander to the blonde male and her eyes turned into slit and is grinning wickedly. "Well if isn't Laxus." she crossed her legs. "Finally achieved your goals?" her eyes glowed, "Or not."

I turned to Laxus, who in return look puzzled. Clearly not recognising the woman behind bars.

"Oh right. Right! I erased your memory!" She laugh, "Our deal was it? But, these peasants caught me, Laxus."

"What deal?" I asked, little scared. The woman merely chuckle at our obliviousness but the way her eyes blazed with rage did not escape my eyes. It was directed to me.

"Obviously, he made a deal with a witch." She said raising her brow, "I won't tell you."

"That's alright then. It'll give me a enough reasons to punish you severally." Erza said, looking at her like a demon. The woman sweat drop at that. The woman must have been caught by the red haired mage. She did notice some few bruises in the woman and is looking worn out.

"Fine. He will tell you instead." She smirk, pointing at Laxus her finger glowing as she chant a spell, hitting the blonde male in the forehead knocking him down.

"Laxus!" She gasped, crouching down to help the male. Laxus groaned at the sudden pain enveloping his head, memories flooding in. I held him close, worried and frightened for what's going to happen. I watched the groaning male getting better before silence envelope him.

"Mira." He gripped my hand.

"Do you remember now, Laxus?" Its was Master Makarov who asked.

Laxus did not meet anyone's eyes as he stood up, "Yes, gramps." 

She instinctively took a few step back from him. She didn't know how to react or what she should do. Her actions did not escape the male's eyes as he look over to her, pain and guilt in his eyes at my action. She could feel his emotions and how badly she wanted to hold him and ease him , but she couldn't. She wanted answers. She wanted the truth. It was too sudden that she wasn't prepared for any of these, especially of his memory coming back.