26. imagine || toni and cheryl

~your pov~

Things have been a little heated lately between the Southside and the North. I tried to remain neutral considering both of my parents were from one or the other, and I had friends on both side.
It was my birthday and all day I had been thinking about what I wanted to do, when it finally hit me. I wanted Toni and Cheryl to stay the night. They were my best friends, despite the sudden arguments due to be having connections with both.
That evening Cheryl showed up first and we sat in my room to wait for , surprise to Cheryl, Toni. As soon as she walked into my room, the whole Earth seemed to pause. It felt like I had set off a bomb in my room.
As in unison both looked at me and said, "What's she doing here." With a confused yet impressed face they looked back at each other.
I stood up from my sitting position and drew them into me for a great big hug.
"Hi babes! You both are here to celebrate my 17th birthday!"
  They both scowled at the idea and sat down on opposite sides of the room. I looked at them, back and forth, and I could tell there was something deep down that was tearing at them.
  "Let play confessions?" I bursted.
  Toni swiveled her attention towards me, "Uh why?"
  "It'll be fun you, snake skin wannabe." Cheryl stated quite rudely.
  I snapped my fingers at Cheryl, "Cheryl, play nice. And yea, it'd be fun."
  Toni moved to sit of the floor next to me sighing, "Fine. You go first then. What do you have to confess that we don't know?"
  I smirked, "You two would make a cute couple."
  "EXCUSE ME? I don't date mean queen strawberry shortcakes." Toni fired quite quickly.
  Cheryl seemed to be a little hurt by it but shot back as well, "Yea, and frankly reptiles are disgusting."
  I laughed, "You two seriously can't let your guard down. Ive been your guys' best friend for a LONG TIME and i can tell when something is bothering you. So spill."
  Toni looked down at the ground, "OKAY FINE. Maybe I do have a slight thing for the mean queen strawberry shortcake. I mean you are spectacular, Cheryl..."
  "And Cheryl.. What's your confession?"
  "Whatever. Reptiles are fowl, but Toni's more of a snake skinned gucci bag. So she kinda makes up for it."
  "SEE. LOOK. YOU TWO LIKE EAVH OTHER!2!2!!2 AND I LOVE YOU BOTH! AND YOU TWO SHOULD GET MARRIED."
  "Slow your roll there, y/n." Toni said laughing.
  "Id be fine with dating.." Cheryl stated under her breathe.
  "Cute." Toni said.
  I looked at them, who were both staring at one another, "So, are you guys a thing now?"
In unison they both smiled at looked at me, "Sure."

———

thsi is short and i'm #sorrynotsorry. choni is the cutest thing in riverdale. it's the most pure relationship on that show. like riverdale is a mess but i will always stan and watch it. also i don't like varchie, it's so toxic and all about sex. like i love a good varchie protection or friendship BUT LJKE BRO. and bughead is okay. i like how they are always there for each other, but i felt like it would've been so much better if we saw a GAY betty and an ASEXUAL jug. i feel like it would've made the show pop a little bit more yk. oh well, rant over.
xoxo