20. imagine || toni topaz

~your pov~

I walked through the hallways of the notorious school. I popped my gum as i made my way to my locker, which happened to be by a serpent. I shuddered at the thought of my family's past and my upbringing. Serpents weren't good to us. But that was my mom's fault.
I rolled my eyes as I grabbed things out of my locker. I heard Toni tap her own locker to think about what she was gonna do next. Being so annoying, i slammed my locker shut and looked at her with a grim smile.
"Would you kindly STOP?" I asked sharply.
She smirked, "Would you kindly GO ON A DATE WITH ME?"
My mouthed dropped and i looked around to see everyone staring at us. Everyone knew about our families died, whether it be a Southsider or a Riverdale resident.
"Excuse me?!" I basically choked.
She simply shrugged and her voice got low and quiet, "Look. Fuck our family's feud. I think you're cute and I wanna take you to Pop's."
I tried to hide my smile that was forming. I've always secretly had a thing for her, but i hid it; I hid it well too.
"Fine. BUT, you're not picking me up. I'll meet you there. I cant have my parents find out."
She subtly bit her lip, "Awesome. I'll see you there."
After I had got home after that school day, i felt a rush of adrenaline and pulse through me. I smiled at tried to find something cute to wear. I pulled out my black skirt, fishnets, and my striped yellow and blue t-shirt. I threw it on and posed in the mirror. I felt cute.
Before I head out, I tell my parents i'm simply going to hang out with Josie, my life long best friend. They nod and send me on my way. I hurriedly walked to Pops and made my way inside.
There she sat with a smirk on her face. She waved me over, already having my favorite flavored milkshake sitting in 'my spot.'
As I fixated my skirt so i could sit down i looked at her confused, "Howd you know I liked strawberry with an extra cherry on top??"
"I remembered 7 years and took a stab in the dark." She laughed a little. Thsi time however, i heard the sincerity in her voice.
We simply sat there and talked like nothing had gotten in between us. Her eyes glimmered and she looked absolutely stunning. I felt odd though considering that I had dropped her all because of family. She's actaully a great person, and it wasn't her fault.
"Toni, i'm sorry."
She furrowed her brows and took a sip of her chocolate milkshake, "For what?"
"7 years ago and what not." I looked down.
She tilted my head up, "Dont be sorry. It wasn't your fault. At. All."
I smiled and bit my lip, nodding my head a little.
"Wanna stay the night?" Toni asked nonchalantly.
"What?" I spoke coughing on my milkshake that i had almost spat out.
"Yea. My parents know i'm here with you. They don't blame anything on you."
"Wish. I didn't know."
"Yea. So what do you say, Pumpkin?" She smiled.
"I'd love to."

***

HI, IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG WTF !? but anywhore imma be back soon, and update like on a scheduled time that's not all over the place lmao. BUT I HOPE YALL EMJOY THIS BC INLOVE VANESSA AND HER CHARACTER AND CHONINALSO !! and GAHHHH !!
xoxo