So I won't be coming back

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been forever I'm at camp right now but will be back Saturday so I'll get back on my unofficial schedule :) Enjoy!

"Jo? Jo!" I snapped my head up at the sound of my name. Collin was looking at me with a concerned expression. He looked like he had been trying to get my attention for a while, but I hadn't noticed. "Jo, let's rest." He tugged on my hand and pulled me down next to him against a wall. "When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" He asked. I shrugged. It had been days. Weeks maybe.

"I don't remember." I told him. I rubbed my eyes and tried to clear my head.

"We aren't going to be able to walk all the way to San Diego, Jo. We should get a taxi." I shook my head.

"I don't have any money."

"I do, don't worry about it." He pulled out his wallet and searched through it.

"No, Collin. You don't even live in San Diego, and it was my fault in the first place that I got stuck here. You don't owe me anything. You should just go home." Collin sighed and made me look at him.

"Jo, to be honest, you don't seem to be in the best state of mind right now. And I got kicked out a few weeks ago. I have no where to go so why not escort a pretty girl home?" I blushed.

"I'm fine. You really don't need to, I can walk alone."

"I know I don't need to." He said, standing up, and holding out a hand for me. "I want to." I took his hand and stood up. Collin flagged down a taxi. "I've made it my goal to get you home safely." He said as the yellow car pulled up in front of us.

"Well, with goals like that, good luck getting anywhere in life." I stated bluntly climbing into the back seat. Collin climbed in behind me and shut the door.

"I better get to your house sooner or later. San Diego please." He called up to the front. The driver pulled away from the curb and started down the street. I gasped dramatically.

"Collin! Did you just make a suggestive comment!?" I held a hand up, covering my mouth. He chuckled and threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Sure Darling, tell yourself that." I swatted his chest and leaned my head on his shoulder. I fell asleep soon after we got out of the city.

I woke up to Collin shaking me lightly. I opened my eyes and squinted from the light coming in from the window of the cab.

"Jo, we're here." Collin said. I groaned and sat up. Collin paid the taxi driver and pulled me out of the car. I spun around getting a gauge if where in San Diego we were. We were on the east side, the opposite side to where I lived.

"Collin?"

"Yeah?"

"I...I don't want to go home."

"What? No, you're going, come on." He took my hand and started dragging me down the street. I twisted my arm free from his tight grasp.

"No. I can't go back." I stopped, planting my feet on the sidewalk refusing to move. Collin glared at me.

"Why not Jo?" I sighed and slumped against the wall of a building.

"...They don't want me anymore. Vic's sick of me." Collin ran his finger through his hair and sat next to me.

"That's not true, you know."

"Yes it is! Didn't you hear him? 'She keeps running off' 'I don't know if this is the best solution' 'I can't do this anymore'!? He hates me, they all do." I dropped my head into my hands.

"You're making it really hard to reach my goal." Collin muttered, slightly sarcastically. I laughed. "If you won't go home, then where will you go? And what do I do?" I stood up and brushed off the grit from the sidewalk.

"I've lived on my own before. I can get back into the habit. I have somewhere I could stay for a while." I turned to him. "As for you, well, I really don't care. Just keep doing what you were doing in San Fran, I guess." I turned away and started walking the opposite way down the road.

"Wait! Where are you going Jo?" Collin called after me. I turned back but continued walking backwards. Collin didn't follow me, and I gave him a sly smile.

"That's classified." I said. I turned back and walked down the block, leaving Collin in the street.