Now the doctors dancing in while the ambulances sing

My lungs burned and my hurt leg felt like it was about to fall off, but I finally made it to the warehouse. I debated knocking or not but decided Mark and Cali still like me. I slid the old rusty door open and stepped in. It was noticeably warmer inside, and I immediately saw Mark and Cali. I was still panting and I leaned against the wall behind me.

"Jo!" Cali screamed as she embraced me in a hug. "You can't be here, Sam, he's after you. He'll kill you he thinks you chea--" I pulled her away so I could see her.

"We don't need to worry about Sam."

"What?"

"I kinda shot him. He killed Bulldog."

"Oh, Jo, I'm so sorry." Tears filled my eyes again as the memory of his last moment resurfaced. She pulled me back into a hug and Mark came and wrapped his arms around the two of us. We only pulled away when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Jodie Andrews?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is Dr. Phillips from the San Diego Hospital. Can you tell me how you are related to Ava Andrews?"

"She's my mother, why what is she doing there?"

"Well, it's not my place to explain, but would you be able to come down here and talk to us?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Great, come in through the emergency room and I'll meet you there."

"Alright." I hung up the phone and looked up at Cali and Mark. "My mom's in the emergency room, I guess I have to go talk to them." I explained to them.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Mark offered. I shook my head, and turned to go.

At the hospital, I walked in through the emergency room doors and walked up to the front desk.

"Hi, umm, I was asked to come in. Dr. Phillips said she would meet me here."

"Ahh yes, Jodie, is it? She's right over there." The lady at the desk told me, pointing to a doctor who was talking to a nurse. I walked over to her.

"Dr. Phillips?" I asked.

"Jodie, hi."

"So, uh, why am I here?"

"Let's talk in here," She said motioning to a family conference room. "So, Jodie--"

"You can call me Jo."

"Alright, Jo, well the reason I called you in here is because, well, unfortunately your mom was in a car accident last night," That's right, it was already morning... "She was very intoxicated and ran through a red light at a busy intersection. An eighteen wheeler ran into her car, and she was brought here. You were one of her only emergency contacts, and, unfortunately, her only living family member. We called you in because, as her family, we need you to sign the papers."

"What papers?"

"Your mother...well...she unfortunately did not survive the accident, I'm so sorry," she looked as I she expected me to say something, and when I didn't she continued. "We need you to sign the papers to finalize her death certificate."

"Okay," I told her. She looked shocked. "We weren't close." I told her, explaining my lack of emotion at the moment. I was too tired and upset over Bull to care about here. Dr. Phillips nodded and left to get the forms I had to fill out.

"Oh, and Doctor?"

"Yes?"

"Who else was on her contact list?"