Chapter Thirty Three - Total Act

A/N - Song above does NOT play in with chapter, I simply liked the remix. Up to you if you listen or not. Enjoy the chapter all!!

::::::

I'm trying desperately to ignore it, but I've had this feeling lately like someone is watching me, out there in the great abyss, following all of my movements, but when I look around me, there's no one.

No eyes peering at me, no one around for me to find when I sense it, I must be having some type of paranoia or something. It's grating on my nerves, paranoia isn't healthy, constantly looking over my shoulder, second guessing everyone and everything. Not a good frame of mind for me to be in. It's really bad.

I think I should probably tell Alex about it. See what he thinks of my senses. I reckon he will more than likely agree that it's only paranoia, it was bound to hit me at some stage after my activities. He might also be able to help me channel the feelings into something else. Keep my mind off the notion, because that's all it could be.

On the other hand, Alex and I have been going really well lately, smooth sailing and all that, no arguments, no bothers really, but also, no fresh kills. I'm a little flustered by this, but learning to tamp down on my frustration is what I need to focus on. That and controlling my urges. Still.

Then, there's the fact that there was a clear shift in the air when Alex returned from his trip with Dex. His mood had changed, he had become somber and I could also sense that he had a lot on his mind. Though it's been a while since he came back and his demeanour has changed since, now more calm and emotionally controlled, however I can still tell he is torn up about something.

If I delve deeper, perhaps find out where they went and what they did or what they saw, I'd know more, but I can't go and work around Alex like that. It'd be a breach of his trust and I refuse to be that kind of person. I'm not some paranoid girlfriend, he will tell me with time.
I hope.

There's been a lot he has been keeping from me lately, or so it seems. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, it might be best to push the thoughts from my mind altogether. I'm sure something will come about eventually. I'm simply dwelling on the matter, if it's a matter at all.

I grip my pen tighter, a squiggle of ink now present on my blank sheet of paper.
What was I doing?

When I look around, I find that the rest of the office is too busy with their own work to notice my lack of attention. Heads facing screens, eyes reading over sheets of information, none looking in my direction.

I stop short.

Oh shit.

I am wrong, so wrong.

Justine grins at me menacingly from across the room, a thick gold chain and red cap held high above her to symbolise what she has come for.

I groan aloud.
You've got to be shitting me.

With an evil grin still plastered firmly on her face, she begins to walk toward me. I notice that she has a bag in her opposite hand, likely carrying the remainder of my outfit. I'm sure she has made this truly painful - but realistic - for me. She is definitely out to get me.

"Hey girl." She drawls, hopping up onto my desk and drops the bag by her feet.

"Don't 'hey girl' me. This is pure torture. And you know it." I place my pen down and rest my chin on my hand.

Justine giggles excitedly, "I'm so excited for this. You have no idea."

"Oh no, I'm well aware of your excitement, it's suffocating me."