Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

"Lady Elizabeth." The footman announced her arrival as she stepped inside the drawing room, her parents were engaged in a deep conversation when a sudden laugh erupted from his lips due to her father saying something funny.

Richard.

There he was sitting with her family like it was the norm. 

Like he belonged there.

"Lady Elizabeth, you've not changed." Richard commented as he stood up and walked towards her, offering her his hand. "It's quite the opposite, you've grown more beautiful if I can dare say." He added kissing her knuckles when she skeptically placed her dainty hand in his.

"Thank you." She said, forcing a smile on her face. "You've not changed yourself." She added removing her hand from his.

They quietly made their way towards the empty seats, while Richard sat next to William, Elizabeth sat herself between her sisters. Eddie sat on Alice's lap while Rose sat on Anna's, she quickly kissed both children on the temple and then averted her eyes to her fathers that has spoken out her name, trying to grab her attention into the up going conversation.

"Richard here was just telling us about the upcoming ball he was throwing two weeks from now." Her mother commented staring at Ellie with the unspoken question all over her face

Do you want to go? It said.

"Oh." Ellie muttered fumbling with her hands when her eyes suddenly rested on William that was staring at the distance, a look of anger on his face, he looked furious, totally out of place.

"William are you going?" She voiced her thoughts aloud, not missing the shocked stares she received at her boldness.

William was taken aback too, and he quickly met her questioning eyes, his expression quickly softened and he stared at her with his sincere look again, the look that always got the best of Elizabeth, the look that made her heart leap and her skin turn bright red.

It made her feel special.

"I guess I am." He said smiling at her. "I'd be delighted, will I see you there?" He countered back raising an eyebrow, they were talking in riddles and they were the only two that understood the unspoken questions.

"I'd be delighted." She said giving him one of her sincerest smiles. Her parents were gawking at them, their jaws wide open at the conversation that just took place.

"So I take it you're going to be there?" Richard asked clearing his throat as he stared at William and Elizabeth.

"Yes." They said simultaneously. "We'll be there." 

Here it was again.

We.

He referred to them as we! Elizabeth couldn't help it, she ignored the fact that it was a silly thought she was very content, very alive and happy. She felt so different, she never imagined meeting Richard without feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable, William was by her side this time and she was very grateful for that.

"Your graces lunch is ready to be served." The footman announced from the doorway. Quietly the Alves stood up along with William and Richard and they started walking out of the drawing room and towards the dining room.

William accompanied Elizabeth down the hallway as they made their way towards the dining room. When they reached their destiny the Alves took their usual seats, William sat on Colin's left while Richard sat on Emmett's right.

Conversations sparked up as usual starting about the weather and such and of course ending up with political arguments between the men, women on the other hand talked about the latest fashion and the newest dress trends and between these two topics gossips of the town were squeezed.