Chapter Six

Chapter six

"Lord Richard is going to join us at luncheon today." Edmund stated casually taking a sip from his orange juice. "He sent a missive yesterday informing us of his arrival." He added meeting everyone's curious gazes except that of Ellie's.

The air was suddenly whipped from her lungs and she suddenly felt hot all over her body. She knew what Richards intentions were from the moment she set eyes on him. He wanted to marry her and she has promptly refused his offers a couple of times. The man was ten years her senior! And her parents didn't seem to mind at all, unless they were trying to play on her nerves.

Her parents married for love.

They wouldn't let her marry a stranger no matter what his title. She felt her breakfast rising up her throat as she remember Richard. He wasn't ugly, not at all, but he had his hideous way into making Ellie self-conscious and uncomfortable around him.

"Aunt Ellie?" Rosaline asked as she rested her elbows on the table and stared at her aunt curiously, she has been asking her if she wanted to join her in the stables today because they were going to ride today and Ellie wasn't answering.

"Yes honey?" Elizabeth asked clearing her throat. "I'm sorry dear I didn't hear that, what were you asking?" She added taking a sip from her glass of water.

"I was asking if you can join me today, we're going to ride horses." Her niece said slowly as if she was talking to a child her eyebrows still raised.

"I thought you had lessons today?" Elizabeth countered back averting her eyes to Alice that was engaged in a conversation with William that quickly met her eyes as if sensing her gaze. He offered her a small smile which Elizabeth found herself returning, her cheeks warming up as she remembered their encounter a couple of hours ago.

"I'll go with you if you finish your breakfast." 

Rosaline squealed quickly taking hold of her fork as she started digging in her plate in attempt to finish her food as soon as possible.

"Rose!" Alice exclaimed removing the fork from her daughter’s tiny hands as she started to wipe away the crusts from her face. "Slowly." She warned giving the fork back. "Or else." She added to interrupt her daughters whining.

Elizabeth held her giggle as she watched her sister scolding her daughter, oh how much she yearned to have a child for herself, a child that would love her unconditionally. Oh how much she yearned to marry someone that would love her with all her flaws, someone that wouldn't grow bored of waking up every single morning by her side.

William.

Deep down she knew he would do and be everything she imagined and that scared her to the core. On one hand she wanted to let go of her past and carry on like everyone else but on the other hand she knew that her past was now a part of her, her past has done enough to change her life, to change her.

But she wanted to change. She wanted to move on but she wasn’t willing to do so until she found the right person to help her, and god forbid it she already did!

William was everything she wanted to get over her past. She didn't want to accept this fact, she didn't want to lose hope too. Her thoughts were a mess when she heard a throat being cleared loudly and it was enough to break her train of thoughts.

"A penny for your thought?" None other than the man she was daydreaming about asked standing across the table. They were alone and it was then that she realized that her parents had left the dining room.