Chapter Twenty Five- Part One

Elizabeth enjoyed every minute of breakfast, apart from the fact that her older sister Alice and her mother were constantly giving her a knowing smile, Elizabeth rolled her eyes heavenward and prayed for the All Mighty that no one was noticing them. Rosaline kept her mind occupied at first but when she was done eating her mother sent her to the nursery with her governess. Which left her alone with her thoughts and the constant reminder of how much she was going to miss her family, regardless of all the things they do. She shook her head and picked her goblet of orange juice, she reminded herself that the Seddon's were now her family and she were to consider herself grateful to be part of them.

Before she knew it, breakfast was over and everyone was getting up on their feet. The men excused themselves and they walked out of the dining room. William gave her a smile and a chaste kiss on her cheek as he departed the room following the men. Elizabeth had a small smile on her lips as she turned around to face the door, still half dazed when she blinked in surprise when she found four pair of eyes regarding her with raised eyebrows. They all tried hiding their smiles, but to no avail. Elizabeth tried her best not to roll her eyes but pursed her lips to show her annoyance over their attitude towards her ever since she stepped inside the dining room.

"I presume you're all enjoying your morning?" she asked patting her dress to get rid of invisible creases. She straightened her shoulders and walked towards them. "Mother?" she asked when she saw her mother's misty eyed.

"Oh Elizabeth!" she exclaimed gathering her daughter into her arms. "I'm going to miss you so very much!" she added tightening her arms around her. Elizabeth hugged her mother back and stared at her sisters with wobbly smile on her lips. Tears gathered in her eyes, but she quickly blinked them away. When her mother loosened her arms and stepped back to look at her face. "Marriage life suits you well, Elizabeth." She commented cupping her daughters face in her trembling hands.

"I second that." her mother-in-law commented. Elizabeth quickly let go of her mother and turned towards her mother-in-law, she shyly smiled.

"Thank you." She replied, her smile widening when she remembered last week. Her face was suddenly flushed from embarrassment when unbidden memories of that week flashed before her eyes. If anyone had noticed the sudden change in her complexion, they chose to ignore it, and started making their way towards the drawing room instead.

***

Time in Devonshire passed really fast. Elizabeth came to that conclusion as she stood at the top of the stairs waving her good byes while her parent's carriage started moving towards the open gates. Tears made her vision blurry and unclear, but she still noticed the moment where the carriage was out of sight. Her parents were gone. Not forever. The small voice chided reminding her of that small fact. She was still going to be able to visit them from the time. She took a deep calming breath and wiped away the tears.

She was now a duchess. She had a lot of responsibilities now, and losing time was not on her duties list. She composed herself as she turned towards William, he stood to her right and was regarding her with a concerned look on his face. He took hold of her hand and guided them towards their bedchambers. His strides were larger than hers and so she had to half run half walk to catch up with him. She sighed when they reached the stairs, they took them quietly and when they reached their floor they walked towards their bedchamber.

William threw the door open, stepped inside and gathered her in his arms, kicking the door closed. It was all the encouragement she needed before she broke into sobs. Her tears drenched his shirt, and all the time he had his head rested on the top of her head as he whispered soothing words.

----

Hello My Hubmle Readers!!

This chapter is really short and apologize for that!

I sincerely hope that you guys are enjoying 'Helping Elizabeth', as you guys realise its coming to an end, 5-6 chapters are left :3

I'm still working on editing it, so please do excuse all the errors and mistakes and point them out instead! :D

VOTE AND COMMENT <3

ENJOY~

-Rose